Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mike_in_new_orleans

My Next-to-last Noreast Order has arrived!

Just had 3 minis arrive in the mail today: Luis Desamero, Jilly Jewel, and the new Noreast creation, Electric Lady. EL has 2 blooms on it. INTENSELY FRAGRANT, even after shipping! That's impressive to me. Can't wait to see what it does with a bit of growth.

Luis D. also has a bloom on it. It looks pure white, though the flower is supposed to be light yellow. I will have to wait and see what future blooms do. I've had other potted roses in the past arrive in the mail with blooms slightly off their normal coloring. JJ is all leaves, but of course it has a reputation for being a blooming fool, so I have high hopes.

Next week my last 4 Noreast roses ever :( are due to arrive. They are Gem O'the Rockies, Deja Blu, Flawless, and Ambiance.

Does anyone reading this have any experience with any of the above 7?

I hate to see Noreast leave retail.

Mike

Comments (3)

• cnetter
    14 years ago

I just received Gem O' the Rockies and it was amazingly fragrant. It smelled the whole room up when I took it out of the box.

Nor'East's wholesale has always been much larger than their retail. Bug your local nurseries to carry a good variety of Nor'East roses.

It's been a while since I had Luis Desamero, but it was definitely yellow.

• jmac_2008
    14 years ago

Hey Mike,

Good luck with your choices! Ambiance produces large beautiful apricot blooms--loved it. Unfortunately, after last winter it was not in good shape and I decided to get rid of it. Normally, it's supposed to be a strong plant. I have Jilly Jewel, but I haven't had it long enough to speak of it's flowers. I'm expecting it to do well based on the plant growth so far and JJ's reputation. I also ordered Deja Blu from Nor'east but won't receive it for another week.

Have you posted any photos of your roses? It would be great see the collection.

• mike_in_new_orleans
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks cnetter and jmac. I hate to admit it, but I've never learned how to post photos. In fact, I've had a digital camera for nearly 2 years that takes decent closeups, but I have yet to learn how to upload the pictures to my computer. It involves installing some software, and I've never taken the time to read the instructions through. How embarassing! lol

Sorry to hear of Aambiance rose's demise, jmac. I guess I'm spoiled here, having practically no winter. The miserable July and August months pose the most strain on many of the roses here, but won't really kill them so long as we tend to spider mites. But winterkill, unheard of here, thankfully.

I'm really looking forward to these last roses. My yard space is miniscule, but I'm happy to announce I'm moving this July to a bigger house with a bigger yard, which also gets primarily morning, noon, and late afternoon sun, with shade from the house during the early and mid afternoon. Perfect for this hot climate! Wish me luck with the move. I hate moving, but am really looking forward to being in the new place. My roughly 40 roses will have little room to stretch out now.