Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sort of confusing sometimes!

Posted by limequilla 5 IN (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 6, 06 at 1:51

Hi all-

Are the miniature roses at the grocery store the same as miniature garden roses? Could I start out with those?

Lime

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sort of confusing sometimes!

• Posted by janw az9 (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 6, 06 at 16:28

I do I have had good results just planting them in the ground.
jan

o

Thanks, Jan. Too bad you're in zone 9. LOL! You can probably plunk down any rose and have it live!

Besides hardiness, do they end up looking like miniature roses? Or do they look like miniature grocery store roses? In other words, do they sort of relax, get bigger, and get more of a spray of flowers? Not sure how to phrase it, but hopefully you get the drift.

Lime

o

Same kind of miniature. They grow like a bushy miniature rose, some get as tall as 3', but most stay in the 2' range, depending on where you live.

o

• Posted by janw az9 (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 7, 06 at 19:44

they grow like all the others and I care for them the same way. they bloom all the time but the best blooms are the the fall and spring flushes as are all the roses. we have very hot summers when we get very few blooms on any of our roses but they are still blooming but with much smaller flowers. just like diane nj said they grow into a small bush. I have thirty of them planted as border hedge for my planters.
jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here