Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The difference 8 weeks makes

Posted by Ninkasi 6ish Germany (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 28, 14 at 4:57

Just wanted to share the new blooms off of a supermarket mini I saved thanks to the great advice in this forum! I received this in late May growing in a tiny, tiny shotglass size pot. Upon receiving it, I did nearly everything wrong possible, from keeping it indoors, keeping it under a cloche (like sleeping beauty) to watering it too much. Upon finding the earlier thread, I potted it up in a good amount of well draining soil, and put it outside. Things looked worse for a long time, leaves turning yellow, defoliating, I thought it was a goner. But soon enough, it has come back to life!

Rose growing on Make A Gif

make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif

First pictures were taken early June, the last ones taken just yesterday.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The difference 8 weeks makes

They are amazing. Just a little care and "BINGO!!" They reward you with beautiful blooms.

o

Amazing growth!

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 2, 14 at 18:46

It looks wonderful, Ninkasi! And how in the heck did you get that photo changing effect? I've never seen that before.

o

Thank you all!
It has tons of flowers on it now, it is doing great! Thanks to everyone on the forum that has shared their experiences.

The photo changing effect is called a gif-- you can make your own many places online such as makeagif.com or gifmaker.me
Its way easier than uploading a bunch of pictures to photobucket or something similar, and you dont need an account or anything.
--nin

o

That is so cool! Both your mini and the gif idea. Thanks for sharing!

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 18, 14 at 23:24

Thanks, Nin, that's cool!

o

I'm trying the gif. Thanks for the fun tip! My image isn't "giffing" in the preview. Maybe it will after I submit? If not, sorry for the still of what should have been an active gif.

This is Moonlight Scentsation, a sensational miniflora!

o

that is a gorgeous one sanrosa!

I put the code for the gif in the body of the message, not in the image file. So give that a try! ;-)

o

Thank you, Nin, for the compliment and the tip. However, I am not sure what you mean by code. I tried the URL address and the HTML code and neither worked. : (
But I love the idea!

o

Nin, I've got it! Thank you! You have opened up a great new source of fun for me! : )

o

That looks great, I love it! Awesome job, glad I could help :-)

o

Anyway to slow it down?

o

I wish the gifs could be edited after the fact but you can choose the speed when you create them. It's really fun. There's a bit of a learning curve, at least for me. :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here