Hanky Panky is too.

{{gwi:1209855}}
It was one of the first to bloom.

{{gwi:1209856}}
Loving Touch? What can I say?

{{gwi:1209858}}
Jean Kenneally is putting on a show.

{{gwi:1209861}}
Little Artist doing its thing with Gourmet Popcorn behind it.

{{gwi:1209863}}
Gourmet Popcorn got cut back hard this spring.

{{gwi:1209864}}
Pucker Up is becoming a favorite.

{{gwi:1209866}}
So is Cuddle Up.

{{gwi:1209868}}
Rosy Dawn is a bloom machine.

{{gwi:1209869}}
Better stop there :) Hope the other minis don't pout because they weren't featured....

{{gwi:1209870}}

Comments (16)

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    15 years ago

WOW!!! Love them all. You always have such pretty roses. Do you order your minis from any place inparticular? I am wanting to get me some more. Thanks, Judy

• lilgreenfrog
    15 years ago

Fantastic! And pretty please can you tell me what the purple one is in the background of Little Artist? That's a color I'm looking for....
    Thank you for sharing! I'll show your pictures to my minis as inspiration.

Lara

• diggerdave
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you :)

Judy, we got all our named minis from Tiny Petals before they went out of business. Richard and Carol sold all the roses to NorEast. I have heard good things about how NorEast is handling the Dee Bennett rose collection.

Lara, that is Blue Girl. BG was the first mauve/lavender thang Deb brought home.

• diggerdave
    Original Author
    15 years ago

A few more for grins :) Y'all know how much I like Sweet Arlene.
    {{gwi:1209871}}
    Ultimate Pleasure and Rose Gilardi look nice with Tuscan Sun
    {{gwi:1209805}}
    Yantai likes it here
    {{gwi:1209872}}
    and blooms well for us.
    {{gwi:1209874}}
    Bingo Queen keeps getting better and better.
    {{gwi:1209876}}
    and bigger and bigger. I should have given this one more room.
    I mentioned Rosy Dawn was a bloom machine...
    {{gwi:1209878}}
    Herbie never seems to be bloomless this year.
    {{gwi:1209879}}

• roseofsharon2008
    15 years ago

Swoon!!! I wanna be like you when I grow up! Love all these beautiful minis! Of course, you could have heard my hubby groan when he saw these pics...he knows what's coming! (grin!)

• lesdvs9
    15 years ago

Digger you know that's just purely cruel of you, I've had almost straight 100's+ since the first of June. Yesterday we broke 90 finally:) I've had massive aphids destroy my first flush, thrips the 2nd and 3rd and budworms & roseslugs all along, plus the heat, and your pics have just been killing me all summer!! I have the first nice bud blooming on SA since April...My Herbie is just a little guy and doing well but though Irresistible, Yantai and Ultimate Pleasure are large bushes, I don't want to talk about what the blooms have looked like all season, LOL*

Your roses are just gorgeous, of course:) I'm so rose envious, I wouldn't trade my growing season, but this year I'm totally disgusted here, LOL* You and Deb have had a great season it looks like and your pics are awesome of everything. I'm glad you're feeling like sharing pics and I hope you're feeling better now too.

• diggerdave
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you :)

roseofsharon, LOL, I can understand your hubby's feelings. Deb still wants every mini she sees. She just loves the rascals :)

Leslie, I know... I'm being vewy, vewy bad again. If it makes you feel any better, we did get into the 100s here this year... one day in July and two days in August. Critters have been very bad this year. It has seemed a neverending job trying to stay ahead of them. Aphids and sawfly larvae were everywhere and much of the time in the yard was spent squishing them. Earwigs are having a banner year. Grasshoppers are the worst I have seen. It is still the best year ever for the roses.
    {{gwi:1209881}}
    is one I don't mention often though he has become a dandy little rose since I moved him out of the shadow of Gourmet Popcorn. Brian Lee is named after Sue's late son and I always hesitate to remind her of him if she may read the post.
    {{gwi:1209882}}
    Both Brian Lee and My Sunshine have had at least a few blooms on them every day since June. My Sunshine has done that before but this is the first year BL has.
    {{gwi:1209884}}
    I need to upload a bush pic of MS but that gives you a hint of what she is doing this year.
    Ace of Diamonds is being its usual blooming fool self. I usually upload bush pics of it. Decided to upload a bloom pic for once....
    {{gwi:1209885}}
    One tough chore is deciding which Love ya Dad pics to upload.
    {{gwi:1209886}}
    LyD is the red with Sweet Arlene and X-Rated. The rascal is putting on a wonderful show this year. Every time I try to decide on pics to post..... I end up giving up and deciding to make up my mind later. So I've ended up with no new photos of LyD uploaded so far this year. Yantai is just out of the pic to the right. It is a pretty impressive group, if I do say so myself :)

• austinbabe
    15 years ago

Your garden is quite the kaleidoscope of colors!
    Do you have pictures of what it looks like now that Fall is here?

• diggerdave
    Original Author
    15 years ago

We like the riot of color.
    {{gwi:1209888}}
    Had our first light frost Sunday. Hope Ma Nature lets some of the thousands of buds open out there.
    {{gwi:1209890}}
    Reckon nobody warned you about asking about pics.
    {{gwi:1209891}}
    I'm terrible given any reason to post them.
    {{gwi:1209892}}

• lesdvs9
    15 years ago

Gorgeous, just simply gorgeous and eating my heart out here!! No, I don't see many pics of Brian Lee. When they were looking and deciding what roses to pick out in '07 it wasn't available at that time, I think she'd be pleased to see it growing so beautifully and strongly for you:) I have My Sunshine and in it's 2nd year it's finally starting to take off and get some height and width, I enjoy the bright color of that rose and the simplicity of the blooms. It's at the front of the large rose bed along with Always A Lady and Yantai.

Ace Of Diamonds is very beautiful and I really enjoy Love 'Ya Dad, I know you could probably find a pic or two to show off:)

Your roses are in fine form giving you a wonderful end of the season display, I hope you do have weeks more, a little cold doesn't hurt, look at how beautiful they are:) You grow tough roses, it takes more than a patch of frost to take them out for the year.

I'd forgotten to add grasshoppers to my litany of pests, I had some big ones too, I told Stan I flushed them out with the water nozzle on the hose. Then I bludgeoned them, whacked them to death, some were 3 & 4" big!! Now I'm down to the littler green and brown 1 & 2" and baby ones, still killing several a day, but the flush and crush works quite well for me:) I tried with the pruners to cut them in half, way too much juice, LOL*

Glad you're able to do some desk work and get out with the camera and get some new pics to keep you busy and out of trouble:) Take care and hey to Deb.

• diggerdave
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Leslie :) The roses are doing very well without my help. I do need to wash foliage soon. It has been 3 weeks and the powdery mildew magnets are beginning to show some pm. LOL, washing foliage is when I get most of the grasshoppers. The spray gets them moving and I pin them down with the water until I can step on them. It does work great.
    Ace of Diamonds is a bloom machine too.
    {{gwi:1209893}}
    I always try to get photos showing buds on bloom factories and that one came out pretty nice. Brian Lee is partly seen in the upper right too, a couple blooms anyway.
    I'm thinking MS, Always a Lady and Yantai make a good group.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    15 years ago

Hi digger, what rose is that in the second picture of the last "group" of pictures you posted? Its so pretty and I was wondering if it was mauve, pink or purple. I was fixing to order me some more minis from Nor'east. Thanks, Judy

• sunnishine
    15 years ago

also can you remind me of the name of that white stuff you underplant your roses with. I am also going to take my cue from your tuscan sun and mini picture and plant more minis around larger roses to hide bare legs :)

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    15 years ago

Hi sunnishine, It's allysum or alyssum. Not sure if I spelled it right but I saw a bunch of seeds at WalMart this past spring. Dave and Deb have some gorgeous roses don't they!! I too bought some minis to place in front of my bigger roses. Judy

• jont1
    15 years ago

Wow Digger!! I love your pictures.
    I never heard of or saw Hanky Panky but I will definitely have to look that one up.
    I think that Jean Kennealy is very much underused nowadays that it is considered one of the oldies. I love it.
    John

• jmac_2008
    15 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous! These photos give wonderful ideas on possible additions to the garden.

Sponsored