Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cindi_ks

Wondering about my Nor' East order

Cindi_KS
14 years ago

I ordered 16 roses from Nor' East on June 5, and got the confirmation email the next day. Since then, I've heard nothing! I've emailed them and phoned and left a message. Their website says this week is a holiday week, with no shipping, so does that mean they'll be shipping next week? Wasn't June 30 the cutoff date?

For those of you who did receive orders, did you get an email telling you the shipment was on its way? I understand they have been swamped with orders.

My first order stipulated no substitutions, but I went back and sent an email with a list of subs after I found many more I wanted. I hope this didn't slow down my order. I've saved spots for these roses and I'm really looking forward to all the Moores.

If anyone has inside information on this company, please let me know what to expect. The lack of communication is frustrating.

Cindi

Comments (11)

• lucretia1
    14 years ago

Cindi,

I placed an order on the same day. I'm still waiting, but they've been really swamped. I did get a response to an email--the order is scheduled to be shipped the week of July 13th. They've just been running way behind because of all the orders they've received.

• Jean Marion (z6a Idaho)
    14 years ago

They stopped taking orders on the 30th, but that doesn't mean they have stopped shipping... I'm sure they are busily packing away and will ship your order in the order it was received just as soon as they can...

I've received one order so far and have two more coming... I'm sure they will get here eventually...

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    14 years ago

Cindi, this is a unique situation for them. 7 - 10 days before shipping, you will receive an e-mail from them. They are very busy, and I suspect that they were overwhelmed by the response to their closing. I have been ordering from them for years and have been nothing except delighted by their plants.

• iluvgardens
    14 years ago

I ordered 20 roses on June 1, I got the confirmation email. I had no other contact from them, I did phone them about my order but no return call back. I got my roses yesterday, July 2, and all roses came without any changes in my order. No substitutions, all came in good condtion. First time I have ordered from them, I think they were just swamped. I also think they mail on Monday or Tuesday so roses will come to you before the weekend. They came in a small box for twenty but packed well. I think I was just used to hybrid tea roses, these are tiny, but that is why they are called miniatures!

• rosesnpots
    14 years ago

iluvgardens

Congrats on getting your order. I have order quite a few minis from Nor'east and have always been please with the quality.

One reason the minis you received are smaller than what you expected is they are own-root (not grafted) roses and were most likely rooted some time last year. Remember mini really denotes the size of the bloom not the bush. A friend of mine has Grace Seward and it is a 4'x4' bush. I have Edisto in a pot and it is 3ft tall.

have fun!

• jerry43
    14 years ago

I wouldn't worry. My order placed on May 31st arrived July 2nd. I left a voice mail and email the week before about my order but didn't hear from them till the day it shipped. Everything I ordered was sent. About half were liners, the others in 3.5 inch pots. Nice plants with many in bud. I was going to place another order before June 30th but with not hearing from them, I didn't order more. Wish I had.

• Cindi_KS
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for all the reassurances.
    The day I posted my question, I received an email from Nor'East saying my order would be shipped the week of July 13. I was really tempted to tell them to send me all the roses on my sub list also, but the middle of July can be miserably hot here, and I may have difficulty sustaining what I already have.
    I agree with you, Jerry. Had the communication come sooner, I would have ordered plenty more, especially after reading some of the posts on here!
    Thanks, guys!
    cindi

• Terry Crawford
    14 years ago

I just received an e-m today July 8 that says my order placed June 6 will be shipping next week, and my whole order is shipping complete.

We're getting plenty of rain here, so I expect they will settle in without any problems. My previous order received in mid-June is doing fabulous.
    -terry

• lucretia1
    14 years ago

I just got a couple of emails, too. I don't know what exactly I'll be getting--I had some alternates listed.

I just wish we'd get some rain. I have some that are still in their pots, because the ground is too hard to dig it's so dry. All are doing well, tho.

• Cindi_KS
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Finally, the Fed Ex truck pulled up yesterday with my box of roses. I ordered June 5 and they arrived July 17...much too long for this child to wait for Santa!
    About half are liners, and the Red Fairy has a nice fat PINK bud on it. I've already planted them, as our forecast calls for 80's next week and some clouds, which is the best we can hope for in July. It all worked out great, because last week, the temps stayed around 100.
    Cindi

• lookin4you2xist
    14 years ago

My red fairy looked on the pink side also, could be the time of the year couldn't compare it to the fairy etc. Weather has been hot here, but I only lost one rose outta 200 plus, Albuquerque Enchantment, I think it was ? no biggie ...it wasnt a ralph moore.