Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
windowboxgrower

mini's in window boxes won't go into bud

windowboxgrower
17 years ago

I have 4 miniature rose bushes in 3 window boxes (one containes 2 miniature roses, Lavender Jewel & Sautee).

I have only given them miracle grow (regular box) fertizlier twice since planting them (beginning of May & end of June). After blooming, they have had a lot of leaf growth, but no new buds. The windows boxes plants get suns starting around 12 noon till sundown (part of the time it gets filtered sun as the sun passes the trees on the block in front of my building).

Someone told me that I should sprinkle some epson salts around the base of each miniature roses bush, and then water as needed. I usually water about once a week, but with all the rain we have been getting, I am waiting till the top inch of the soil is almost dried out to water again.

Can anybody tell me why my roses haven't gone into bud again since they first bloomed. I get a lot of new growth and some new cames, but no buds.

Here are the names of the rose bushes:

Chasen rainbows, Sautee, Lavender Jewel. and one multi flower bush I bought at local plant place in Manhattan (don't know the name).

Thanks

Comments (4)