Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peg_in_oregon

Most Disease Resistant Mini???

peg_in_oregon
17 years ago

I have a spot in my garden in front of a climbing Westerland (orange in color) that would be perfect for a mini. As with all my roses I only buy that which blooms alot & is disease free - or very resistant to disease. I was thinking a yellow, or a multi color, would look good there. Any recommendations?

Comments (8)

• fizgig777 ╰⊰❀ Z7a ❀⊱╮
    17 years ago

Fancy Pants is a good one.

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    17 years ago

Here are some recommendations from an older thread: disease resistance. There is a killer set of photos of Green Ice over on the Rose Gallery, it is one pretty rose.

• fizgig777 ╰⊰❀ Z7a ❀⊱╮
    17 years ago

I have a Hilde... It sat near black spot infested roses without contracting the disease [not sprayed]. Beautiful rose, too -- light red with hints of white near the center, dark foliage. It can also be dark pink in color. Has a nice scent. Tough little rose, though. Grows and blooms like crazy. Will bloom within 3wks of sprouting spring growth and continue to bloom until frost. The heat doesn't effect it much either [been topping 100 here] though it sits in full sun from sunrise to about 4PM.

Here's mine:
    {{gwi:1209728}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Hilde

• ronda_in_carolina
    17 years ago

Green Ice!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Green Ice on Rose Gallery

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    17 years ago

Yeah, that's the photo from Ms. Rhonda the Enabler! ;-))

• User
    17 years ago

'Apricot Twist' is the most disease free miniature here in the PNW. 'Green Ice' comes a close second.

• msrose
    17 years ago

My most disease resistant mini is Debut.

Laurie

Here is a link that might be useful: Debut

• peg_in_oregon
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Boy, I LOVE that picture of Green Ice! Gotta try that one for sure.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio