Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Most Disease Resistant Mini???

Posted by peg_in_oregon zone 8/OR coast (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 29, 06 at 10:14

I have a spot in my garden in front of a climbing Westerland (orange in color) that would be perfect for a mini. As with all my roses I only buy that which blooms alot & is disease free - or very resistant to disease. I was thinking a yellow, or a multi color, would look good there. Any recommendations?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Most Disease Resistant Mini???

Fancy Pants is a good one.

o

Here are some recommendations from an older thread: disease resistance. There is a killer set of photos of Green Ice over on the Rose Gallery, it is one pretty rose.

o

I have a Hilde... It sat near black spot infested roses without contracting the disease [not sprayed]. Beautiful rose, too -- light red with hints of white near the center, dark foliage. It can also be dark pink in color. Has a nice scent. Tough little rose, though. Grows and blooms like crazy. Will bloom within 3wks of sprouting spring growth and continue to bloom until frost. The heat doesn't effect it much either [been topping 100 here] though it sits in full sun from sunrise to about 4PM.

Here's mine:

Here is a link that might be useful: Hilde

o

Green Ice!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here is a link that might be useful: Green Ice on Rose Gallery

o

Yeah, that's the photo from Ms. Rhonda the Enabler! ;-))

o

'Apricot Twist' is the most disease free miniature here in the PNW. 'Green Ice' comes a close second.

o

My most disease resistant mini is Debut.

Laurie

Here is a link that might be useful: Debut

o

Boy, I LOVE that picture of Green Ice! Gotta try that one for sure.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here