{{gwi:94327}}

{{gwi:94324}}

Comments (8)

• ken-n.ga.mts
    10 years ago

Looks pretty darn good.

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

They look great! I don't know how you do it because I've never been able to keep one alive inside for any length of time.

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Now, following so many advices, I finally placed it outside in full sun.

But I am a little disappointed. It seems to have lost the tenderness of indoor plant. Now, outside, it looks almost identical to any roses we see in the street. I am almost certain that you can tell from the pictures.

Here is the batch of late summer bloom. Pictures are taken today:

{{gwi:436801}}

It seems that there is something unusually beautiful about cultivating these indoors.

• stacian
    10 years ago

I have some Kordana roses I bought at the end of the season last year from Lowes - purple and apricot that just won't stop blooming for me here in Venice. I love them. They are by far the most easy to maintain and consistent reblooming roses I have.

Once they start to get a little scraggly, I simple take hedge trimmer and cut them down drastically, straight across. Afterwards they spring back just like new!

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Posted by stacian zone10 socal (My Page) on Sun, Dec 22, 13 at 20:51

I have divided the pot into 5 individual plants. I realize they are much more fragile in winter indoors.

1 of the 5 has blackened completed - died. The plant was very vigorous last year.

Three of the surviving plants are here - picture taken today December 31, 2013. I probably should have let them dormant naturally outside?

• ken-n.ga.mts
    10 years ago

Right now they look OK. If you get any warm winter day's (high's upper 50's or better) move them outside into a partly shaded area. If the late nigh temps don't go below 35, keep them outside. If it gets cold, bring them back in during the evening. Don't let them get to warm inside. I know a little work but they should be beautiful this spring/summer.

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Stacian, sounds like your doing a great job with those roses!

Juju, splitting those tiny plants is very difficult so don't feel bad that some of them died. I've had the same luck with splitting them myself so no longer try to do it.

Generally I never recommend trying to keep them inside over the winter. Roses are never happy inside. Anytime roses are in temps above about 40 degrees they will try to grow and they can't get enough light or humidity to grow properly and will struggle at best in the house. If you do want to keep them inside put some lights on them even in the window and place them on trays with water and pebbles in the bottom. Make sure that the bottom of the pot does not sit in water but up on the top of the stones. This will help bring the humidity up around them.

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on Fri, Jan 3, 14 at 17:27

Posted by ken-n.ga.mts 7a/7b (My Page) on Thu, Jan 2, 14 at 13:03

Thank you so much. The days are getting longer and our sun is getting stronger. My mini-roses love it. I think they are fine now.

Also, I took 5 cuttings last fall. Three have rooted but only two survived okay. They are happy now. See below:

This post was edited by jujujojo on Thu, Feb 6, 14 at 19:10