Halo Today

PENNIES FROM HEAVEN

Red Fairy

RALPH MOORE

RUBY PRINCESS

Ruby

STARS N STRIPES

Thanks to Sue

All are in GREAT condition, the only liner I got was Ralph Moore, Most have blooms on them and look great. Part 1 will either be later today or I am guessing tomorrow. 211 left to go ......

Comments (24)

• lucretia1
    14 years ago

Just checked the tracking on one of my shipments--it's on the truck and should come today!

• cnetter
    14 years ago

My daughter is currently unpacking the small order I just received. It's just 6 roses, mostly Moore mosses.

Oooh, they look good!

I have no idea how I'm going to squeeze these in, but couldn't pass up the last opportunity to get them.

• lookin4you2xist
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Fuzzy Wuzzy Red looked FAB on my end. 5 blooms!What did you get for Mosses cnetter?

• lucretia1
    14 years ago

Just got 2 little boxes of roses. They look like they spent the last day in a hot truck, but otherwise are great. They're happy to be out of the box and are perking up already. Nobody was wilted or anything, it was just a summer order instead of spring. They just shipped on Tuesday and everybody was still moist, it is just HOT outside!

2 liners and one substitution (Yellow Doll for Black Jade).

I got:

Candleflame
    Centennial Miss
    Charlie Brown
    Cherry Hi
    Little Bit O Sunshine
    Pinstripe
    Tiny Tears
    Yellow Doll
    Golden Horizon
    Grace Seward
    Green Ice
    Scentsational
    Sweet Hannah

One more big box should get here next week. Woo hoo!

• madisonwigardener
    14 years ago

waiting waiting waiting for my order from Nor'east. It's somewhere between there and here. 120 roses.... or so..glad to hear some people are getting theirs!!!

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    14 years ago

I got all 6 roses that I ordered. They are:

Behold
    Flawless
    Lo and Behold
    Power Point
    Sitting Pretty
    Violet Mist

They look good. I'll have to find a place for them. I could've ordered at least 10 more at these prices, but they do have to be planted and taken care of.

• Tammy Owens
    14 years ago

I got notice that my order will come next week, I only got 3 this time. I really wanted Sweet Hannah but waited too long and she was sold out before I got the chance to put in my next order. So far I have and on order

Pennies from heaven
    Sweet Arlene
    Iced Tea
    Renny
    Hanky Panky
    Electric Lady
    Sequoia Ballet
    Pink petticoat
    X rated
    Jerry O x 2
    Fair Molly
    Lovely Lorrie

Tammy

• lookin4you2xist
    Original Author
    14 years ago

madisonwigardener, If you can list what you get. Would love to know. I just got the 2nd part of the order taking pictures now.

• cjolliff
    14 years ago

I got mine on Thurs day with 2 subs. Joycie, Starina, and mary marshall were original picks. Little Emma (which was the one I wanted most, and I don't usually like yellow /single-ish bloom form roses) & Sweet Hannah were replaced with Fuzzy Wuzzy Red and Double Take. My yellow were switched with reds. I'm glad I got FWR as it was originally on the first pick list.

• lookin4you2xist
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The rest of the order arrived !!!! Guess I did not get Blue Mist, Cinderella Gold, Dian, Fingerpaint, Gidget, Gina's Rose,Hoot n Holler, Marime, Pink Cameo, and Touch of Liberty. I guess the rest of the order came I have to double check everything ....pictures will be posted this afternoon after I have time to double check everything. Then it is time for the misters to start up and for some pollen to be crossed. If anyone has the above roses ... let me know I would love to trade if they aren't under patent, pretty sure a couple are I do not have time to look yet! I have a couple hundred minis saying.We need attention NOW! Besides just a few being in liners everything looks great so far.

• lookin4you2xist
    Original Author
    14 years ago

• rosesnpots
    14 years ago

That is a lot of roses. You must have a big bed ready to plant them all. Do you have other minis besides what you just got from Nor'east? I am looking for a mini from Bridges that is no longer in comerence. I picked up Blue Mist from Ashdown Roses this year.

• lookin4you2xist
    Original Author
    14 years ago

rosenpot,No.No big bed ready to plant them all in so they can live happily ever after =)I am having a hard enough time finding a nice shade spot to try to harden them off.

That was one thing I sadly did NOT think about, I had been going thru the garden and weeding etc. The dog in the picture loves to run thru the roses, so I am trying an area on the shady side of my fence she is not allowed in. Not quite as large of an area as I had thought it would be ... so I have to try to do about 50 of them in another area on the opposite side of the yard, but it is the only area in my yard I do not have the sprinklers going to. SOOOOO .... pulling my hair out a little.

I have a lot of bands that need to be planted ASAP. I will not do that outside at least. I do not care about dirt on the tile floor. Scrambling for extra pots at the moment. It will be better soon. (Well I keep telling myself that)

Once I have them hardened off and can get everything under the mist-a-matic it SHOULD be better. I have not compared it to my Melnor 3060 aqua timer so it will be some learning curb I assume. The 3060 just wasn't enuff to fit my needs always had some minor problem, it worked well enuff to begin with tho. I would still rate it as a great tool, and after doing some reading on the electronic leaf I figured what the heck at least save on batteries. I had about 75 or so minis in my garden before I took the plunge. Being in Florida, it was always impossible to get them. I am glad that changed for at least a while so my OCD obsessive collector disorder could be satisfied. I just figured get them in my state while I could ... am I ecstatic ? No not yet. When I get doubles etc of them, fine. Favorite bloom would be Jewel Box .... hooked on it. Hulthemia's are also drool worthy IMO. So, good pollen to play with later in the day. What are you looking for rosenpots?

• kstrong
    14 years ago

Just got mine -- this was my second order since the sale started, and this time I got 26. Funny thing is they sent me an email last Wednesday, July 15, saying the shipment would be shipped "next week," and the box showed up on my doorstep 2 days later, on Friday the 17th.

Their packing people doubled me on Jewel Box and left out my "Ring of Fire." (Good one to be doubled on, eh?) Also, they were sold out of Gina's Rose and Joan Austin -- I'm sad not to get Joan Austin -- love those stripeys and I don't know where I'll ever be able to get it after this.

Got liners on seven of them -- their stock has got to be running very low.

Well, gotta go get to the planting -- I hear those liners calling my name.

Kathy

• cnetter
    14 years ago

I got Fuzzy Wuzzy Red, Nut Shop, Mood Music, Paintbrush plus non-mossy Pink Pettycoat and Live Wire. I have the other Moore moss miniatures from years ago still in my garden, plus a Saville moss miniature. Wish I still had Strange Music.

I'm potting these few in one gallon pots and sinking them in the general garden until I know where I want them. Some will replace miniatures lost in the past couple of decades, but I have to make room somewhere for the others and add drippers for them. All 400+ roses are on the drip system.

• lookin4you2xist
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Drip system would be nice but I have to keep the lawn. Thank god for St. Pete's Reclaimed Water. I am sighing getting ready to bump the liners up .... part of me thinks not a good move .... but I can not keep them in liners.

• rosesnpots
    14 years ago

lookin4you2xist

I am looking for a miniflora by the name of Tidewater. I noticed you are looking for Blue Mist? I picked up Blue Mist at Ashdown Roses earlier this spring.

• madisonwigardener
    14 years ago

You really want to know... ALL these roses?? :) Ok, here goes. And I guess I'll try to take pictures -- coming soon. Ordered w/ 2 friends -- the list below is what I got. These are the ones though that we all ordered and did not get: Bambino (I'm so sad!!!), Sweet Hannah, tom thumb, Old Montana, Rainforest, Ty and Pam Tillis. For Bambino, they gave me Chasin Rainbow, also gave me the following subs: Sequoia Gold, Lo and Behold and Flawless (I think to replace Pam Tillis). Really wanted Sweet Hannah too.. I thought it was funny that they didn't have Pam Tillis because I placed this order on June 4th and the 2nd order on June 28th and on the second order I also ordered a Pam Tillis! So it was still up on the order form on the 28th thus don't understand why they ran out of it on the order on the 4th. Nevertheless, Flawless is just lovely...
    I have the 2nd order coming next week. Here's the first order. Again no pictures yet, but I'll work on that!!

Autumn Splendor
    Baby Austin
    Baby Boomer
    Bambino - replaced w/ chasin rainbows
    Celebrate Life
    Charlie Brown
    Chasin Rainbows
    Cinderella
    Climbing Kristin
    Constellation
    DenverÂs Dream
    Double gold
    Double take
    Electric Lady
    Focal Point
    Gem of the rockies
    In Memory
    Jean Keneally
    Jeanne Lajoie
    Julie Link
    KeithÂs Delight
    Lavender Delight
    Little Pinkie
    Live Wire
    Love and Peace
    Millie Walters
    Montana
    New Beginning
    No Worries
    Overnight Scentsation
    RalphÂs Creeper
    Red Cascade
    Red minimo
    Renny
    Robi
    Rose Gilardi
    Ruby Magic
    Ruby Princess
    Sachet
    Scentsational
    Snow Twinkle
    Southern Delight
    Splish Splash
    Starina
    Sunswept
    Sweet Fairy
    Sweet Hannah -- didn't come
    Sweet Sue
    Sweet Sue
    Tiddly Winks
    Tom Thumb -- didn't come
    Vineyard Song
    Vista
    Work of Art
    X Rated
    Yellow doll

Many were in those liners, small but a really good root system. All look healthy. Chasin Rainbows, Baby boomer, scentsational, cinderella, splish splash, red minimo, renny, ruby princess were all in bloom. The smallest and most puny was gem o the rockies -- nevertheless still green and great roots. I was happy to get them all!

Debbie in Madison

will post photos when I can and guess what? more roses next week!!!

• lookin4you2xist
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Rosenpots,
    Thanks for the heads up on Blue Mist, I will keep my eyes / ears open for tidewater, The name alone almost warrants a spot in my "beach" garden. Guess I am not on the beach, as I am 3 houses from the water. I will look for Blue Mist as time permits, nice looking rose, glad it is out of patent.

Cnetter, I will set aside a Strange Music for you for Spring Time, it might be potted up in a dixie cup but I am running low on the bottomless bands at the moment.

Southern Delight was the only rose I got that I am worried about, The stem is already browning half way up. I know I will go to hell if I try to save a cutting IF it lives long enough ...patent. But at this point ... I want perfection (I tell you they came close at Nor East !!!)

100 percent all around glad it is overcast this morning.I have 7 bands left to transplant. Sequoia Ballet is already a tree and the foliage on the plant is "top notch" sorry to use another rose name. I have not even "counted everything out" and went over the list, at this point, I doubt I could even care. The best experience I have EVER had with a large mini rose order. Only 1 band looked a little week root wise, but it will live no problem.

Debbie, Can't wait for the post.

Oddly, I am stoked everyone has been very happy with the order that they placed!(waiting was a pain BUT BETTER THAN HORTICO .... oh 3 years now ) Was a once in a lifetime event, glad I was able to buy from them one last time. (No,I do not work for them etc)

After years of not being able to buy from Sequoia, it was thrilling (IMO) to be able to pick up a good part of Ralph Moore's collection at a great price. It has opened up my eyes more to him as a hybridizer.

• madisonwigardener
    14 years ago

... an additional thought before I get out there and get Denver's Dream planted... (by the way, the Nor'east website says Denver's Dream is 24-30 inches and the label that it came with says 20-24 inches. hmmmm, which one is it?? same with sweet fairy: website says 6 to 8 inches and the tag says 16 inches!!)..

Waiting was great (in retrospect..) It was 9:11 a.m. I was in the bedroom. Heard 2 loud thuds, looked out the window and saw the fed ex truck leaving the driveway... called my friend Teresa, ripped open the boxes, we sat on the porch sorting them with our various lists, finally got introduced to what a "liner" is... lamented the loss of bambino and sweet hannah, breathed a sigh of relief for electric lady, gem o the rockies, sachet and a million others, 18 out of how many (lost count) are in the ground.... goal is to get them planted before the rest come in a few days!! a challenge given that I actually do other things upon occasion, than garden (juvenile defense lawyer...)

thanks for all the posts. a whole new world of friends!!

outside to plant... glad it's overcast!
    Debbie

• rosesnpots
    14 years ago

lookin4you2xist

Thanks, if you find Tidewater just email me. My Blue Mist rose is a baby but has really grown and even bloomed a few times. I think you will like this rose.

Liz

• lucretia1
    14 years ago

lookin4you2xist and madisonwigardener,

Thank you, thank you! I no longer feel guilty for ordering too many roses! ;-) Maybe I should see who else is having a sale and order some more....

• madisonwigardener
    14 years ago

Gee thanks... glad I was of help to someone! I refuse to count the number I ordered, and hey -- I am already looking for more which is crazy because I haven't received all of these yet..! and not sure where to plant them either.....

• madisonwigardener
    14 years ago

Last part of my nor'east order arrived... so very exciting!!...Substitutions: lo and behold (in full bloom) instead of golden halo. Golden horizon instead of polly sunshine - and, sweet chariot instead of sweet caroline. The only thing similar between these last two is they both start with "sweet". But I'm not complaining!!

The rest:

Ada Perry
    Cherry Hi
    English Porcelain
    Green diamond
    Halo today
    Hope and joy
    Iced tea
    Irresistible
    Jessica rose
    Mary Marshall
    Minnie Pearl
    Mother Lode
    Mr. Bluebird
    Ora kelly
    Pam tillis
    Patriot song
    Pennies from heaven
    Ralph moore
    Ring of fire
    Rita applegate
    Rose gilardi
    Saluda
    Sequoia ballet
    Sleeping beauty
    Sunny day
    Sunshine sally
    Sweet chariot
    Toy clown
    Winter magic
    Wistful
    Woodstock
    Yellow doll

Mother Lode, toy clown, lo and behold in bloom..

now to start planting...!!!

Sponsored
Cumberland Custom Homes
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Green Residential Builder & Renovator