Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leaves turning brown and light green

Posted by amorrow z9 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 5, 05 at 12:43

Hello all,

This is the first time I have planted roses and I four minis that are doing great but I have one that the leaves are tuning light green and getting brown spots. The plant is in the ground and gets about 7 hours of sun each day. It has been been doing great up to the last week. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leaves turning brown and light green

• Posted by Maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 7, 05 at 13:50

I'm confused. Are the leaves turning brown or light Green. Are the spots black instead of brown?

o

Funny, I just came here looking for a solution to possibly the same problem. These mini roses have been in the ground for almost a year and they have bloomed really well for several months, but the blooms are dying off now. I was just outside watering and I noticed that the leaves look like they were oversprayed with gold/bronze paint. I think one of them might not get enough sun, but the other ones were doing really good and now they look like they are dying.

Hopefully someone will know what it is and how to treat it. I was considering just cutting them back really low and seeing if they come back. I'm not an expert on Roses, these are the first ones I've had.

Dion :)

o

I don't know what it is, but mine also got that bronze paint look; gave them a shot of fertilizer and as soon as the weather warmed up they were fine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here