Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cjolliff_gw

Incognito

cjolliff
14 years ago

Does anybody know where I can get Incognito? I've checked all the nurseries on HMF but all are either sold out or don't have it listed anymore. Just thought I'd ask, maybe someone know's another source?

Thanks

CJ

Comments (13)

• rosesnpots
    14 years ago

CJ

Did you try Almost Heaven Roses? (Link is below) They are not listed on HMF but on their web site they do show they carry it. Or you may have to wait until next year as this is the time of year when the nurseries are busy rooting cuttings for next year.

Here is a link that might be useful: Incognito at Almost Heaven Roses

• cjolliff
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Great, thanks for the link. I'm sure it is too late for this season. I guess I could try our rose nursery, but it's about an hour away and I was trying to avoid the drive. Oh well, road trip if all else fails.

• rosesnpots
    14 years ago

CJ

Almost Heaven is a very small nursery and may still have the rose in stock. I would contact them. The are very nice people.

• User
    14 years ago

Have you considered 'Chipmunk' as an alternative? Its a much better plant IMO, and a similar color/style.

• cjolliff
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I called our nursery here and they have one left. So I'll be picking it up, along with Distant Drums. (too bad they don't have Stephens Big Purple)

Chipmunk would be a great alternative, but I don't see it listed anywhere, guess I'll have to do some searching. I had never even heard of this one before but it sure is nice. I have a think for muave-fragrant roses, and chipmunk would be a nice addition. Thanks

CJ

• User
    14 years ago

CJ,
    Make no mistake, neither 'Incognito' not 'Chipmunk' has any scent. I'll get a photo of my 'Chipmunk' for you later.

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    14 years ago

I would like to see Chipmunk, too. My Incognito plants are big, hulking, bruisers, very good bloomers when taken care of and pretty good when not (and I've been lax this year).

• rosesnpots
    14 years ago

CJ

Glad you found the rose you wanted and close by as well. I have to mail order all of mine as all they sell here is knockouts.

I'll have to find Chipmunk as well.

• cjolliff
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Trospero, a pic would be great. They few that I see on HMF do look like Incognito.

Rosenpots, I'm glad that I found this nursery, wish I discovered them sooner. I fear though, that by going there to pick up my 2 I have on hold, I'll end up coming home with 6 or 7 extra plants that I hardly have the space or money for. lol. I search as best I could for Chipmunk, but it doesn't look like anyone has it anymore. If you find a source, please let me know. Thanks

• rosesnpots
    14 years ago

CJ

I too noticed on HMF that it does not list any nurseries that carry Chipmunk. Hopefully Trospero will know of one that does carry it.

• User
    14 years ago

Photo of 'Chipmunk' taken this week, click link to view:

Chipmunk on HMF

Occasionally Rogue Valley Roses offers it for sale.

• rosesnpots
    14 years ago

Trospero

Thanks for the info. I am looing at getting an order from Rogue Valley for the spring so maybe they will have Chipmunk for next spring. BTW, since I will be ordering from RV, what roses do you recommend that will do well with about 4-5 hrs of sun. I already have Jeri Jennings and Golden Buddha.

Liz

• cjolliff
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Nice picture, I've been wanting to order from RVR, but I'm waiting for "Treasure Trail" moss to be in stock. Looks like I'll be waiting for "chipmunk" as well.

Thanks for the picture and the info.

CJ

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor