Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ines_99

transplanting and care for mini roses

ines_99
15 years ago

We have a statue of the Blessed Mother in our backyard, on a slate platform around the pond, lots of trees hanging over - so it is kind of like a little sanctuary, grotto sort of thing. I have gotten into the habit with my young nieces of taking flowers to the Blessed Mother, anything blooming in a pot. Off and on (mostly on) we buy the mini roses, then when they stop looking so great I plant them in my garden. They make it thru the winter, but not always in tip top shape. I like keeping them for sentimental reasons so do not like to see them looking bad. They are not too horrible, they even bloom for me, but some of them get that rusty spot or mildew, and possibly get damaged from the cold

in the winter.(zone 6) I also don't know anything about shaping them or cutting them back...

Is there a general care thread in here somewhere? I did a search for planting them in the ground, but got nothing. Can someone point me towards a thread or give me a quickie lesson on how to care for these roses after they have been transplanted into the garden?

Comment (1)

Sponsored