Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aprilwhirlwind

my miniature rose blackened

aprilwhirlwind
18 years ago

I have two miniature roses, we had a very bad winter year before last and they were my only survivors. This year they both bloomed well, but the smaller of the two suddenly turned black and died. I have a balloon plant nearby that is slowly doing the same thing. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

I'm mainly concerned because I got some polyanthas last year that I'm very pleased with, and I'm thinking of replacing some of my other plants with them for next year.

Have I got some nasty new blight that may wipe out my lovely bountiful roses? I've had to face hungry deer, woodchucks, squirrels, chipmunks, ants, slugs, aphids, mildew, weird molds,that stuff that looks like soap bubbles that I've forgotten the name of, neighbor's cats, birds, japanese beetles, other weird bugs that I don't even know what they are but they are truly ugly, and mice. Not to mention that I personally dug out several hundred cubic yards of sand and replaced them with loam,etc,etc,. I

I think I'll go sit on my vine shaded front porch and have a good cry if I have to face another virulent fungus or something....I have high hopes for my polyanthas.

Comments (2)