Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelle_co_gw

container mini question

michelle_co
17 years ago

Hi,

I ordered a bunch more minis (mini-manic?), with the idea of keeping some potted on my patio. We have a shade pergola with some large pillars and lattice that would look great with potted roses.

1. Can I use bottom/self watering containers? They will be on a hot, south facing patio.

2. Can I pot climbing minis? I ordered Rainbow's End, LaJoie, and Snowfall. I would love to let them climb.

Here's a picture of the back patio/drip garden. I would like potted roses inside the entrance arbor, and either small bushes or climbers in containers near the green chair and probably clear over to the left, where a lattice section screens off the hot tub.

There are new roses planted in front of the entrance arbor in the ground, they will fill up that space when they mature (a Sally Holmes on the right, and Mountain Mignonette on the left). For the taller lattice on the right, there are two baby Twister climbers establishing themselves to eventually fill in that area. For the short lattice with the rock on top of the 6x6, there is a young William Baffin establishing in that spot. He has an established grape vine on his left, and an established honeysuckle vine on his right. I think that area will be overcrowded when he starts growing (I didn't realize how large Baffins get).

Other ideas are welcome.

Happy Gardening,

Michelle

Comments (5)

Sponsored