Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
usagichan

Bridal Sunblaze vs my other roses/rest of garden

UsagiChan
11 years ago

I'll start by saying I'm new here, but I've been "lurking" for a long time. haha. :) I recently put in my first rose and herb garden with a few deccorative flowers in the back row as well. When planning I really had my heart set on the bridal sunblaze mini. My dad had them when I was growing up, so I'm very familiar with rose care because of helping out. I had a difficult time locating the bridal sunblaze, so I ended up ordering online from a place that didn't seem terribly knowledgeble. Kinda just hoped I'd be able to baby it and be okay with whatever they sent me.

When it arrived, it looked like a cutting, but seemed relatively healthy so I was pretty hopeful. Now it seems stuck on this cycle where it will get new growth, and then as soon as any of those get longer than a fingernail they all shrivel up and fall off. I've cut back a lot of it, only leaving parts that had actual new growth on them at some point over the last two months. Not sure what else to do at this point. It's well watered, but not too much, regularly fertilized, gets full sun all day, and my other two roses are beyond wonderful in the same soil.

The other two were brand new babies, own root roses, that arrived from a different site in perfect condition, and have doubled/tripled in size since then. I have a Flawless and Denver's Dream. My herbs are also complimentary and are booming with growth.

Photos: Bridal Sunblaze before the latest new growth shriveled and fell off.

Denver's Dream miniature rose

Flawless miniature rose

Comments (2)

Sponsored