Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snowheather

Is This Soroptimist International?

snowheather
14 years ago

I took this to a local show and one of the judges said it was not Soroptimist International, but I know it is labeled correctly and is the one I received two or three years ago from John's Miniature Roses. For those who know this mini, does this resemble it? (Not a good picture, I know!)

Comments (8)

• rosesnpots
    14 years ago

I do not grow this mini, however did you ask the judge why they thought is was not? You may want to post the question on the GW showing and exhibting forum or better yet the Rosarian Corner Forum as they have a lot of people who show.

FYI, looking at the pictures of the rose on HMF, your rose looks a lot like it.

• regina_nv
    14 years ago

I don't think mine has that much pink on the open blooms, though location can cause the bloom appearance to vary considerably. What is the size of the plant? After two years in the ground, my plant is 2 1/4 feet tall and 3 feet wide.

{{gwi:1210665}}

{{gwi:1210667}}Regina

• phil_schorr
    14 years ago

Snowheather,

I would also have questioned your entry if I was judging. It doesn't really look warm enough to be S.I. If I had to guess, I would say you might have Hilde. I say that both because of the color, and because my Hilde ends up with almost every bloom having a bull nose center like the one I see in your photo. However, I'm not sure. Fortunately judges don't have to know what the entry is, just that it's not what the tag says.

• snowheather
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for the info. I am still a bit confused though. I do have Hilde, or did (gave it away). But, I am very careful with my plantings. Not only do I put markers, but I add them to my garden's diagram. Also, at that same little show, they thought Memphis King was too pink. Both of those roses are on the West side of the house, although in different beds. (Memphis King has been in the court for me before.) Something makes me think that maybe the weather caused the color change. Even my Memphis Music on my back patio looked pinker than usual. It's a real conundrum. (And, no, its not "Conundrum"!

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    14 years ago

Snowheather, send me an e-mail please. I'll get you to someone who can confirm, if he doesn't check in here soon.

• dan_keil_cr Keil
    14 years ago

It looks like Hilde to me too. It's not SI

• snowheather
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Diane- I e-mailed you - did you get it?

Dan, it's definately not Hilde. I used to have it, but gave it away and know they didn't look the same.

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    14 years ago

snowheather, I e-mailed back, but it bounced saying "not a customer". If you would, send an e-mail directly to hiptownrose2 at AOL dot com, to make sure that I have the right one.

I do get pale coloring, but the form doesn't look quite right to me.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?