Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has anyone ordered from Johns mini roses?

Posted by jo514 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 16, 06 at 20:31

I have taking the chance of ordering 6 roses from this site. I will keep you posted but was wondering if anyone else die. The mini's I have now are showing black spot and loss of leaves. I have taken away the droped leaves and raked and plucked and sprayed with baking soda, and the apple cider vinegar but leaves still turning and dropping. Any suggestions..organic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has anyone ordered from Johns mini roses?

i have some mini roses from there. two have been in the ground for a few months and are blooming and lookng wonderful.

o

I don't know where you live, but many minis are not disease resistant and need treatment with a fungicide. I am not well-versed on organic sprays, I can only recommend that you try to find minis that are resistant.

o

I have within the last three weeks ordered 4 mini roses from them. About 3 days after I placed my order, they called to inform me that 2 of the 4 were out of stock and I chose 2 others to replace them. They arrived Fed Ex or UPS and were wrapped in plastic. I watered them immediately as the instructions indicated and planted them into the ground along with my other 50+ mini bushes. They look good so far! I was so excited to buy "SI" micro mini rose because the foilage is so sweety and TINY! Hope I have luck with all my 4. I will keep you posted!

o

I ordered two from there: Glamour Girl and Carnival Glass. I potted them up because we are so hot and dry here in Southeastern Oklahoma it is ridiculous. They have done really well. Both have flowered and grown quite nicely. Can't wait till the weather cools a bit to order more. We are supposed to be 105 degrees today with a heat index of 110. Of all my plants, the miniature roses have done the best. I think I'm hooked !!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here