Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
veraviolet

Lavender? miniature rose

veraviolet
15 years ago

I have several questions about my miniature rose, because I'm new to them. First, I need to prune my rose, I think. I've had it since February, and started it indoors, but it got spider mites. I moved it to my front porch, where it gets about half sun half shade, and it seems to have shaken the spider mites. It's getting 'leggy' and I thought it might get more bushy if it was properly pruned. Any suggestions?

My second question is about the color. When I got it, it had pretty lavender blooms (I've heard you're not supposed to by roses with blooms, but it was a gift.). All of the blooms it's produced since then have been varying shades of hot pink and lavender combined. It seems like the edges are generally bright pink, and the centers are more lavender. I'm wondering if it's getting too much sun, and the blooms are getting 'sunburned'.

My third question is about pests. It seems like something is attacking the leaves, but I haven't seen anything on it. I thought it might be japanese beetle damage, because I've seen a few on other plants, but I haven't seen a single one for probably a week, and there are holes in over half the leaves, and some of them seem to still have a translucent film left where the holes are. Before the holes showed up, there were some red spots on the leaves. Any ideas?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists