Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Overnight Scentsation

Posted by Carol_WA z8 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 16, 05 at 23:25

I just ordered this rose because I love fragrant roses and it is advertised as the most fragrant ever. Is it? I hope I'm not disappointed. If you have this rose can you tell me about it. How big did yours get? Do you like it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Overnight Scentsation

It was fragrant enough for NASA to take it into space aboard the Space Shuttle to do tests on whether or not fragrance could be produced in zero gravity.
Meg

o

Fragrant and gorgeous-Here in ID z6 it also grows very tall so once established you will need to prune to maintain the shape you desire. And a beautiful lavender color, which I am quite fond of. You will love her!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Idaho Rose Society

o
Follow up for Overnight Scentsation

I think you will find this link interesting.

Here is a link that might be useful: NASA

o

A rank grower in my garden and often had all three major diseases at the same time. Blooms 3" across hardly qualify it as a "Mini", and the plant easily exceeds 3 feet tall. The other "Scentsation" roses are better than this one, particularly the original 'Scentsational'. YMMV.

Paul

o

I grew this rose many years ago and thought both the bloom and the fragrance outstanding. To me, it was more fragrant than the other "scentsation" varieties simply it was a bit bigger and had more petals.

FG

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here