Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sjz22

can't figure out what's wrong with my minis

sjz22
16 years ago

I have three miniature rose plants, all bought at the supermarket. I bought them four days ago. When I bought them, all three minis were in beautiful condition. And since they were bought in Shop Rite, I think we can assume that none of them had received any sunlight for awhile. Currently, one plant is in very good health.

Another is starting to decline. At the bottom of the plant (near the soil) the leaves are turning yellow and falling off. However, all the buds and blooming flowers appear to be fine.

The third is a disaster. Most of the leaves are gone and the flowers that have begun to bloom are dry. There are a few buds that haven't opened that seem ok and the stems are all still green and.. not dry... so I'm hopeful that I can salvage this one too.

However, I've been treating all of the plants in the same way. The soil was moist, so I didn't water them until yesterday. They've all gotten the same amount of sunlight, so I don't see why one would be fine and the others would start to die. Any suggestions? Honestly, for $3.99 each I could probably just replace the two that are declining, but I'd really like to save these.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting