Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msrose

What's your favorite deep pink?

msrose
18 years ago

A couple of the minis I ordered this year ended up being lighter than I thought they would be so now I'm looking for some deep pink ones. Do you have a favorite?

Laurie

Comments (14)

• trospero
    18 years ago

'Prom Date' is an excellent one; deep pink verging on Fuchsia.

• msrose
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Do you by chance have a picture? I did an internet search and can't find one anywhere. The color sounds perfect!

Laurie

• trospero
    18 years ago

Here it is:
    {{gwi:1211135}}

• msrose
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oh my, I don't understand why that's not more well known. The color is amazing. I'm definitely getting it after seeing your picture. Thanks!

Laurie

• trospero
    18 years ago

I don't understand why its not more popular either. It is a terrific color that reminds me of some of the deep magentas found in Indian Sari fabric. It reblooms very well and has very good vigor. I think it is an excellent rose in all respects, so go for it!

Paul

• arkroselady
    18 years ago

Louisville Lady is gorgeous. Doris Morgan is also pretty. Camden is classified as a mauve, but to me it's sort of on the dark pink side. And it's growing very well for me.

• msrose
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Do you have a picture of Louisville Lady? I did a search and couldn't come up with a picture of it either.

Laurie

• arkroselady
    18 years ago

Go to www.tenarky.org, then click on "Queens and Show Results" on the left hand side. Scroll down until you see the picture.

• msrose
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks!

Laurie

• Jean Marion (z6a Idaho)
    18 years ago

Gala, Live Wire, Doris Morgan, Marriota, Kayla, Ace of Diamonds, Hi Ho, Norwich Sweetheart,

Winsome sometimes looks very fuchsia...

• msrose
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Decobug - If you could only have one, which one would you pick as your favorite?

Also, I was looking at your website and saw that Saint Mary is listed under Micro miniatures. I was planning to order it next spring but I thought it was a regular mini. Are the flowers really tiny?

Laurie

18 years ago

Laurie,

Thanks for the heads up about the website. I had Saint Mary in the wrong place, so I moved her... :(

She is a normal miniature... One of my favorites actually... That color of purple is very rare in miniatures... She is about the same size bloom as Starina.

==============

Picking favorites is hard...

Gala is a very nice deep pink color. However the blooms fade and quill as it ages, so it would have to be deadheaded more often to have the bush looking the way you want it to...

Live wire is perfect colorwise. As per most micro-miniatures it does get minor blackspot. The bush would have to be several years old to make any sort of color impact since the blooms are so tiny.

Doris Morgan is a very nice deep pink color with white interior. However the blooms fade and quill as it ages, so it would have to be deadheaded more often to have the bush looking the way you want it to...

Marriotta always impresses me and is so darn cute. Not HT bloomform however, but cute cute cute! Hard to come by actually. The white edges are very unique. It always gets comments.

Kayla would be perfect if it wasn't for the slight PM. Needs to be in an airy sunny spot.

Ace of diamonds is listed as a medium red, but looks pink most of the time. I shovel pruned it...

Hi Ho very slow bloomer, so can't say anything about it, it hasn't bloomed this year yet...

Norwich Sweetheart shovel pruned due to disease

Winsome, no faults, listed as a mauve but it is always fuchsia here, not neon pink like Electron, but definitely more pink than say Purple Passion type color.

Another possibility that I don't have is China Doll. Another is Wild Plum, which again is listed as a mauve but looks fuchsia.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wild Plum

18 years ago

What diameter are the Prom Date blooms... Very nice picture!

• gdionelli
    18 years ago

Miss Charleston is a beauty. And Winsome blooms like crazy.

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz