Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carol_wa

favorite miniflora?

Carol_WA
18 years ago

I have fallen in love with these big blossoms. What is your favorite miniflora?

Comments (14)

• msrose
    18 years ago

LAVENDER CRYSTAL isn't classified as a minflora but it has the biggest blooms of all my minis with a gorgeous, fragrant bloom.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lavender Crystal

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    18 years ago

Differnt zone, and I spray so...

Conundrum. hands down. Needs spraying, and will mildew in a second, but responds well to treatment. Blooms not as large as that monster Ferrin (which really should be a Floribunda), but a big hulking plant in it's second year. This photo was taken in May, the plant to the right is the HT Ginger Hill.

I really want to like Dr. John Dickman, and it's doing better in the ground, hope it will be even better next year.

A lot of people really like Autumn Splendor. I don't grow it, but it makes a nice plant with lovely blooms.

Favorite minis that get as tall as mini-floras (both are nearly 4' tall at the moment) but not big blooms:
    Soroptimist International
    Bee's Knees

• ridgerunner14_wv
    18 years ago

My two favorites are Something For Judy and Autumn Splendor. They both have gorgeous blooms and are nice, healthy bushes. I guess I like SFJ the most because she is a heavy bloomer and has a nice fragrance too. AS blooms continuously but not heavily. Darleen

• Portiemom
    18 years ago

I second Lavender Crystal. It is a constant bloomer for me, and just beatutiful in all stages from bud to fully open. Hold a long time on the bush also.

• Kentucky_Lad
    18 years ago

Autumn Splendor is the best all around mini-flora. You will fall in love with the color of the blooms and the bush gets around 4 feet tall. Try it, you'll like it. Howard

• marisag
    18 years ago

Absolutely agree. My favorite so far is Autumn Splendor. It has the most beautiful colored blooms which last a very,very long time.

• ginni77
    18 years ago

I only have Harm Saville and Jean Kenneally and neither has bloomed yet, but I'm loving the photo of Autumn Splendor! I just might have to start a "must have" mini list!!!

Ginni

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    18 years ago

It's too hard for me to pick just one. I love Memphis King, Conundrum, and Butter Cream. I enjoy Memphis Magic, Springs' a Comin, Rocky Top, and Louisville Lady.

• barb_in_dc
    18 years ago

Thanks to pete41, I bought two Conundrums this year and I've gotta tell ya, they are the most interesting blossoms of them all. They first bloom yellow, and as the bloom matures, they turn red! Really. Plus, I don't spray and they stayed pretty clean the whole summer. No mildew, little blackspot. What a great, great rose.

• ken_se_fl
    18 years ago

My favorite mini-flora is Tiffany Lynn. It's been around for a while, but there is a darn good reason its still around. I also like Cachet.

• george_mander
    18 years ago

Just wait until my NEW Mini-Flora 'Ingrid is introduced in the US in 2006.

It has the identical bicolour as my mini 'Glowing Amber'.
    Probably in Nov. I will announce the US mini grower introducing it.
    Below the link to the "Ingrid" rose on HelpMeFind Roses (HMF) with lots of photos.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mini-Flora 'Ingrid' at HMF

• mike_in_new_orleans
    18 years ago

Wow, Ridgerunner! I love the photo of Something for Judy! Where do you get it and how well does it resist Blackspot? My central questions. Your comment about fragrance definitely caught my attention, too. :)

• ridgerunner14_wv
    18 years ago

Hi Mike! I'm glad you liked the picture. Something For Judy resists well, but is not immune, to blackspot. I do spray and she was very clean for me this year. Her fragrance is a pleasant light one, like a fine perfume. I got mine from Tiny Petals who is now out of business, but Nor'East is carrying her now. Good Luck! Darleen :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Something For Judy at Nor'East

• susan82
    18 years ago

I just got Andie MacDowell and what a beauty she is!
    I am going to start buying more minifloras.