Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my mini rose is dying

Posted by walkingcreature (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 30, 07 at 20:13

Hello.

My mini rose has been invaded by little tiny black insects on the back of the leaves. The insects are so tiny that they look like dust. But they can weave webs around leaves, and the leaves are losing colour and dying. I tried some chemical to kill them, but no use.

Could anyone tell me what's this kind insects and how can I save my mini rose?

Thank you.
Ying

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my mini rose is dying

Sounds like spider mites, you can blast the rose off with water and it will remove most of them. The water pressure should be enough that you wonder if the leaves are going to all come off, but they don't. You need to get the undersides of the leaves more than the tops. The goal is to physically knock the mites off of the leaves.

Blast it every day for a few days, then you can go to every 3 days (the life cycle of spider mites). If you are trying to grow it indoors, you will likely have to keep fighting mites. Mites love indoor growing conditions.

Cheers,
Michelle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here