Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hdchan

Either we are very brave or very stupid... LOL

hdchan
18 years ago

My daughter and I went to Lowes today and found a pot of clearanced miniature roses. The stick label says that they are Poulsen PatioHits, although whether it is correct or not remains to be seen. They range from 10-12" high, and there is one lovely cream colored bloom on one of the bushes. A good number of the upper leaves have been feasted upon, and I've removed an equal number of leaves with black spot on them. Still, the tops of the plants are fairly "leafy" on the top. While the stems are pretty bare toward the bottom, I am seeing new foilage coming on, which spurs this question... should I prune them down now for a fresh start, or will they bush out a bit more with some TLC? Perhaps just pamper them through until next year and prune them then? Being my first year to grow roses,these are my daughter and my first mini's altogether, so I am very unfamiliar with their growth pattern and habit... any help would be much appreciated (thank you to Fleursuzie, BTW, for the saving the potted gift rose post... I will transplant these into pots tomorrow!!!)

Thank you,

Holly

Comments (2)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm