Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bobkat13

Nor'east Rocks!

bobkat13
18 years ago

I recently placed my first order with them. Got a sale - buy 3 and get one free. Out of the 8 roses I just received, 8 were in bloom. Take a look at the 2 pots of Bambino I just received:

{{gwi:1211891}}

Comments (14)

• tjsangel
    18 years ago

Wow, just look at those big blooms! I know where I'm ordering my roses from!

Jen

• minibot
    18 years ago

Yeah, mine just arrived today from them (sale also) and all have buds and one had a couple open. I can't wait to repot and start caring for them!

minibot

• Bellingham
    18 years ago

Hmmm...

I also ordered on this sale, a few weeks ago. I was very happy with my order until I saw these pictures. Mine are about 1/3 the size.

• kasiec
    18 years ago

I got on the sale wagon too. And yes, I love all of mine. I've transferred them to gallon size pots. Now I have to decide whether to put in the ground or keep them pot bound. Any photos or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Kasie

• bobkat13
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I mispoke on my original post - 7 out the 8 were in bloom. Bambino was just the most spectacular. I've noticed that some minis have bigger blooms than other. Here are a couple more pics (OK, I ADMIT to being a shameless enabler!)
    No Worries:
    {{gwi:1211892}}
    Irrestible:
    {{gwi:1211893}}
    Incognito:
    {{gwi:1211895}}

• minibot
    18 years ago

Don't worry Bellingham, my roses ranged widely! One has tons of buds (red scentsation), two have just a few (jilly jewel and ralph moore) and one has like one bud and is puny (scentsational). I couldn't believe that the reds (ralph moore and red scentsation) weren't as red as they were in the photos, more burgundy. I love a true red on a rose. True red being near the blue spectrum, but not quite as much. Other than that, I'm pleased at my impulsive purchase, the scent is great on the red scentsation!

minibot

• Bellingham
    18 years ago

I guess it's a bit silly for me to complain about getting small miniatures. And anyway, 20 bucks for 4 roses, shipping included. That's a steal. They'll all look the same next year.

• BeeVee
    18 years ago

I love buying all my mini's from them!
    That last sale broke my bank (well worth it) and I ended up buying one of each (no real peach available though)of the ones I didn't have.

Most of them were blooming and the only disappointment (out of almost 70 total) has been Child's Play. it came so small with just two tiny canes so I have been nursing it for awhile now.

I await now there 2006 new ones that will be added!

• minibot
    18 years ago

Wow BeeVee, that's a lot of roses ! You must've been invaded by boxes of roses. Nor'East must love you!

minibot

• BeeVee
    18 years ago

I just noticed this post a few minutes ago..when i was..guess what? Looking up NorEast again to place my second order this year.

Check out their new collections for 2006 including "A Mother's Love". I just got a nice size order from them last week and all in buds and blooming.

Check out the feedback i left them on the garden watchdog sight. It's Marta from Tampa.

• jont1
    18 years ago

I just placed my first order with them two weeks ago. I hope I have as good of luck as you all have apparently had. I am a PICKY customer and not afraid to tell vendors if I don't think I got my $ worth of merchandise I order.
    John

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    18 years ago

John, we use them for our rose society's mini sale. If they weren't excellent, we wouldn't use them, and they respond quickly if there are any problems.

• jjohnson_minirose
    18 years ago

I was compelled to write here. First, I also recently placed my first order with Nor'east. I ordered about 10 plants and I can't wait. Thank you all for placing the beautiful pictures here. Your plants are gorgeous!

• jjohnson_minirose
    18 years ago

Oh I forgot to add - the Michigan Bulb Company also sells miniature roses and they are VERY inexpensive ($2.99 per plant). I ordered one and received it. The plant arrived about a month ago (believe it or not I can't remember its name but I have contacted the company to find out). It arrived with no blooms and no buds but was very green and in great shape. Now a month later it has about 20 buds growing. Some are about to open. I can't wait. The plant is in such good shape. I have been raising it indoors under fluorescent light.

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner