Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best time to plant?

Posted by sushmam Ohio (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 13, 05 at 15:35

I would like to plant some miniature roses in our garden here in columbus , ohio. First of all is there a month when I just be doing this. Is September a good time to plant? Also I am planning on order my plants from John's miniature roses. Any experiences, good or bad??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best time to plant?

Hi,

The best time to plant any rose is Spring. The cut off time for me is early September. That way the roots have time to grow before it freezes, and dont have to worry about winter killing it. I would buy from Nor'East miniature roses, John's is not too reliable. You'll get better quality plants from Nor'East. Maybe you can decide what you're ordering now and order in Spring. Also, minis are a good choice-they are pretty hardy. Have fun :)

Jen

o
RE: Best time to plant?

We planted 180 potted mini roses in October last year. Almost all of them with a few exceptions came through the winter just fine in our very cold Zone 5 area of upstate New York.
While spring is most likely the best time to plant, just about anytime the ground is friable and you can give your plants extra water during hot spells is the right time to plant minis.
We've done business with Nor'East for nearly 30 years now and I always recommend their roses. Best service and plants in the business!
Meg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here