Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
whitejade_gw

Sweet Chariot - fragrance left!

whitejade
18 years ago

I was immediately enamored when I pulled my Sweet Chariot from the carton as it was in bloom and smelled incedible in mid-May ! The scent from just a few flowers was so strong it *wafted* on my deck for days before being planted. This is an unbelievable rose. And then....nothing. The rose was no doubt putting in roots, but...it put out four growth flushes this summer, grew well, and four flower sets and not one of those had any scent at all !

Only in the past three weeks have I started to get any scent back, but it's not at the level it had been (it's the "stick-your-nose-in" level, not the Wafts by itself level..but I'm still grateful to be able to smell this lovely rose at all )

We have had maybe an unusual summer but really, I don't think it was That unusual. Does this rose not like any heat / humidity at all? I mean, I could see that if it were putting in roots and such that it would simply not flower . But it did flower , so then I would assume the fragrance would be there with them - if I hadn't smelled the flowers upon arrival I would have thought I'd gotten the wrong rose or a rose that simply didn't have the fragrance genetics!

Has this happened to anyone else?

Sponsored
Your Source for Tailored Remodeling Solutions in Loudoun County