Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Planting Cupido Rose & Kordana Rose

Posted by kathie1 NJ (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 1, 09 at 18:56

In in northwestern NJ and purchased the above roses in June. They are still in same pots since purchase and I want to know if they can be planted in the ground, or should I put them in larger pots. If ok to plant in ground, when is best time? It's Sept. now and getting cooler. Thanks, Kathie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Planting Cupido Rose & Kordana Rose

You should still be able to plant them in the ground now, as you should still have a few months before you get a freeze. If you repot them, you will still need to provide winter protection.

Liz

o
RE: Planting Cupido Rose & Kordana Rose

Put them in now. First frost for your area is targeted for 1 October (ours is 15 October, I'm in Monmouth Cty.), but it has never gotten that cold that early here. The roots will actually like the cooler weather. Don't fertilize now, though, unless you just add a little bone meal in the hole. No more fertilizing until next year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here