Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
MIniature Roses

Posted by butterflyspin none (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 18, 12 at 9:14

Flowrs are simble of love. Specially roses. 2yrs ago when i start to plant roses in my garden.... few weeks ago i started with the miniature.. its simply awesome

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: MIniature Roses

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 25, 12 at 20:16

You'll enjoy the minis, butterfly! They're fun to grow and love to bloom a lot!

o

Mini Roses are a passion of mine. Thanks to the life long work of Ralph Moore. I couldn't imagine NOT growing them. Best of luck with your minis!
Regards,
Andrew Grover

o

The nice thing about minis is the difference of Varieties in this class. You have 5 petaled ones, semi double and full double roses. You have garden blooming ones and exhibition type minis. Height they go from 2" for the Micro Minis to 6' or more for the climbing forms and one shub type mini Gourmet Popcorn. All of the color classes are here in this class. You have the Micro Minis, Minis, and Climbing Minis. Have fun!!!

o

I never liked minis because they always look scraggly, get disease, don't bloom too well. After reading here, I realize I've never had a mini suitable for the garden; all I've had is the gift ones from Trader Joes or wherever. No wonder they have been disappointing.

I have about 40 bushes, HT's and florabundas, but I think I'll get a mini or two this year. I've copied down some names from the threads here and hope my nursery has one or two. Cal Poly seems popular, and I think I saw Rainbow's End on a recent nursery visit.

o

Socks....

One of the best miniature rose nurseries is Burlington Roses. Berling worked with Ralph Moore for more than 20 years. She knows her roses and she especially knows miniature roses.

Here's a link to her nursery listing on HMF.

Smiles,
Lyn

Here is a link that might be useful: Burlington Rose Nursery Listing on HMF

o

Thank you Roseblush. I'll check them out.

o
RE: MIniature Roses....

Thank you Roseblush. I'll check them out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here