Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
becky40242

Transplanted Minis

becky40242
16 years ago

I have a small rose bush that I assume are minis. I dug up part of a huge bush in my dad's yard that had been there 20 + years. The bush seems to be growing fine, especially for being transplanted, planted and then moved to a new house.

I kept it inside in a container last winter, but I don't want to do that again, as the roots seemed to be pretty shallow when I repotted it last spring. It only has two stems longer than 1 foot, thanks mostly to the guys who keep up the yard at my apt complex who keep hitting it with the weed wacker.

Anyway, here are my questions:

How long will it take to bloom? (if ever) I have read a lot on this forum about mini roses being grafted, but this seems to be the "baby" of a much larger plant.

What is the best way to take care of it this winter? We had our first light frost last night, so I figured I had better cover it up today, but, I live in zone 6, with pretty mild winters. After reading the winterizing thread, I wonder if I should really do anything to them.

Any help you could give would be wonderful, as I dug up these roses after my dad passed away, and they cannot be replaced.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville