Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lesdvs9

Irresistible

lesdvs9
16 years ago

I planted this in March and this is now 50" tall and 60" wide, very nice for an 7-/2 month old rose. Very healthy, no disease problems, with cooler weather colors are emerging in the centers.

Comments (7)

• garden2garden
    16 years ago

It must really love it by you. Pretty bloom and I like pictures I've seen of the bud too. I had seriously considered getting Irresistable the last couple years, but I haven't yet. Is there any scent?

• diggerndeb
    16 years ago

Beautiful! Our older Irresistible (planted 2001) got over 5 feet tall and wide this year. It seems very, very strange seeing mini blooms at eye level when I'm standing in the yard. It was impossible to keep track of blooms per flush. Flushes overlapped so much that we just settled for saying she had 100+ per flush. There were blooms every day since June on the rascal. There are some frozen ones out there now. It is like being in the twilight zone having blooms in November.

digger

• lesdvs9
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yes, it has a nice fragrance and it's got an excellent repeat bloom cycle and like Digger said this pretty much is always in bloom from part to all. This should be as large a bush for you in FL. Mine is still young and still has room to grow, going by Digger and he's in Montana, LOL* He and his wife, Deb also have a very magic touch with roses.

Digger you said that and I just had to go and count blooms and lost count, I can't count that high, LOL* We're still floating around the 70's and this doesn't look like it's going to stop blooming any time soon. Can't believe it's Nov by the looks of this bush. I took a pic of me by it and the canes are reaching my waist.

When I set that part of the garden this area looked pretty funny with these large spaces around these 6 little DB rose plants. Now it doesn't look so strange, it's filled in quite nicely. I still have some walk around room and they still have room to finish growing.

That's pretty spectacular for you to have blooms in Nov. It's a pretty weird year, all the way around. You had a fantastic rose year I think. All my minis are still loaded with blooms, all put out a foot or more of growth in Oct.

I appreciate all your help this past year Digger, thanks.

• peter_rabbit
    16 years ago

Nice picture. Irresistible is my favorite mini. It is a great rose.

• mandyy12
    16 years ago

Irresistible grows very well for me in zone 6b Ontario,Canada.

Bill

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    16 years ago

Does it waterspot? If not, I just might have to have one.

• lesdvs9
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sorry, I've been having a tough time getting on the rose forums. I don't know what you mean by waterspotting, so I'd say no. That's not something I've heard heard referred to about this rose either, if that helps.
    Leslie