Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
petsitterbarb

Caramel Kisses

petsitterbarb
14 years ago

I just did a search for Caramel Kisses, as came home with one from a 50% off sale. Of the hundreds of roses at the nursery, this rose bush was the only one I saw that I can say truly looked healthy. Disease resistance is VERY important to me! Was seeking thornless, that this baby has VERY few teensy thorns, which are easy to snap right off. There was one bud on the bush, and I love the color, too. I have a feeling that this little treasure will be one fine rose for me! Anyone else have her? Comments?

Happy Autumn, all!

Barb

Comments (4)

• wesley_butterflies
    14 years ago

Nice garden center you got there the big ones here didn't even offer minis this year Perhaps it was a late order in regards to disease resistance and as well tolerant of the roses I do have that carry that discription statement. I found that they still get disease like powdery mildew and Black Spot to a lesser degree

A one Mini self test being discribed as being disease resistant was found to be oddly irregular with black spot very accepting to removal of leafs and stems which quickly grow back I found longer periods of leaf growth with the use of serenade with for fungus control ( Black Spot )

This test mini was planted in a slightly compromised proper air ciculation is not thornless in my opinion I do believe you'll be very happy with your mini and do encourage you to allow very good air circulation allow it to grow in a 4 foot by 4 foot area alone to full size (1 year) befor adding complimentry flowerings.

I will always be on the look out for black spot even though the test mini did get it from time to time. In all honesty I think a mini realy enjoys the weekly hair cut ( sometimes with black spot leaves sometimes not ) the test mini did not once develop any signs of powdery mildew however it was treated as if it would get it. A routine I use for ALL my roses with the use of K neem.

Pest problems include: Spider Mites and leaf cutter bees I hand remove the spider mites and webbs on a weekly bi weekly pruning and during deadheading nothing will control leafcutter bees it is only cosmetic they leave holes in the leaves
    bumble bee honey bee atracting Very light: donot use K neem or any treatments for roses if bees are active in your garden(S) areas.

• daisy735
    14 years ago

You will love Caramel Kisses. She is a trouble free, heavy bloomer-I have 3 across front of my sunroom. She has been thru 3 heavy freezes here and still looks good!

• daisy735
    14 years ago

She is only 1 yr old.

• petsitterbarb
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks so very much for the responses, and the photo, too!
    So far, so good with these two Caramel Kisses plants. Not a speck of trouble with them, and several new blooms. I hate knowing that we'll eventually be having a freeze though. The weather here has been SOOOO nice...sunny, but coolish. Perfect!!
    Cheers! Barb

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks