Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nannerbelle

When to transplant?

nannerbelle
9 years ago

Hi all, I've been reading the "Saving a gift rose" post and haven't found the answer yet. I'm in central SC so my climate is mild. I've got a mini I got as a leftover Valentine day rose in a big box store. I guess you can call it a rescue. I almost lost it before the weather broke here this spring, but I re-potted and put it out on my screened porch for the summer. It's done really well, growing and blooming all summer. It has a sentimental value to me due to when I purchased it, and I'm concerned about bringing it in over the winter. Should I just go ahead and plant it in the ground now? I've got a good place for it with lots of sun and close to the house for a little wind protection. Would the survival chances be OK for it if I plant in the ground now? I"m pretty novice on these little roses, I've got one other one I saved around 2006 and it is now chest high and doing great, but I'm really not sure when I planted it in the ground. I know I planted all my big ones in the spring. Do the little guys follow the same rules?

Comment (1)

Sponsored