ARSA mini winners 2010

Posted by wesley_butterflies 5b/6 Mass (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 6, 09 at 1:10

http://www.ars.org/?p=155

http://www.ars.org/?p=157

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ARSA mini winners 2010

Using the "Optional Link URL" under the message box makes more sense and is greatly appreciated ;o)

Here is a link that might be useful: ARS-Mini-Winner-2010

o

That link is broken

o

The link is not broken. They are re-doing the ARS website and not many of the links are working right now.

Below is another link for another site that shows the winners:

Here is a link that might be useful: AOE 2010 Winners

o

Hi all...new to the mini forum! Live in Ky and last year I planted Maya..three in between my Evelyn and Iceburg. They already have green leaves and look good so far. I chose these because one of my grandchildren is named Maya. I have been trying to find one named Madeline and found a few but would appreciate any advice on where to order. One grandaughter is named Evelyn(Evie) and am wondering if I should place a small trellis on each mini..or should I just leave them alone.
Also, the flower bed needs new weed protective matting and I'm not sure if that will in anyway harm the roses planted there. If I am careful around the bases will that be okay? I really have no choice as the weed killers fail to do the job usually. It isn't a large bed and is beside the front porch. New at most of this and just started planting about 2 summers ago. So far my Austins are doing great! At present there is mulch around each bush.Do I wait to fertilize until after the first flush?
I'm interested in finding an Alexander also(grandson) but do not think there are any in the mini roses.
Any advice on companion flowers around these roses would be appreciated also. Last year I planted a bluish purple bush..2 of them and now I can't remember the name of it but saw it on the rose forum as being a great bush for a companion to roses. It grows along the ground and blooms constantly..however..quite small so far.
Thanks so much!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here