Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blackspot Resistant Mini Suggesstions...

Posted by TNY78 6b-E TN (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 29, 11 at 12:28

I am placing an order with Heirloom because they have a couple of David Austins that I've been wanting, and while I'm ordering, I think I may add a couple of minis to fill in around my HTs. Most of the minis that I currently have, I've had BS problems with (really the only disease issue I have with any of my roses). Does anyone have any suggestions for BS resistant minis or minifloras that stay under 2ft?

Thanks!
~Tammy

Here is the link to what mini's are sold by Heirloom :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Heirloom's minis

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blackspot Resistant Mini Suggesstions...

Hi Tammy, of course your mileage will likely vary, but when I polled people I trusted for their selection of highly disease resistant minis for me to use for breeding, Cal Poly, Cinderella and Popcorn were the three unanimous choices on all lists. Black spot was the prime issue I inquired about. Pacific Serenade has a very good reputation from what I've read for resistance, too. Several friends rave about Yantai and Gizmo for their general good health and lack of foliage issues. To those, from what is on their list, I grow several Tom Thumb I use for breeding and in my climate, they are totally healthy. Kim

o

• Posted by TNY78 6b-E TN (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 30, 11 at 12:19

Thanks Kim! You've been helpful as always :) I was eyeing Cal-Poly and Gizmo so I think I may try those two. I saw Gizmo in the UT Rose Garden and it looked very good...but I assume they also spray, which I can't say I do very often.

o

You're welcome Tammy. As I said, your mileage will likely vary due to totally different climate and which strain of black spot you have. Not all are as resistant to each strain, so that makes a world of difference. Gizmo is very well known for good health, so it should be fairly safe. Cal Poly is surprisingly resistant to b.s. in my opinion. There are several other Moore yellows which are much more susceptible. If you can find it, also try Pink Petticoat as it has been quite healthy, too. It's another which held high ranks on all the suggestion lists. One which keeps attracting my eye is Behold. Kim

o

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Tue, Dec 6, 11 at 19:33

Cinderella is very clean for me but she's in a hanging basket up and away from the other roses.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here