Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
florabunga

orange that stays orange

Florabunga
16 years ago

I'm looking for an orange rose that stays orange. It also needs to be disease resistant and 2ft tall or less. I bought Crakling Fire last season. It was orange for about 2 minutes and then opened up into a bright pink!

Comments (11)

• User
    16 years ago

'Orange Honey'

• Jeannie Cochell
    16 years ago

Cheer Up or Denver's Dream might fit your needs. I've grown both for a few years and haven't noticed any substantial color fade. In our climate, colors bleach out pretty fast. I've got a Tangerine Twist in partial shade that's staying true to color, too.

• colorado_kid
    16 years ago

I too would suggest Cheer Up for more of a coral orange like Tropicana. It is sometimes called baby tropicana. However for a nice bright orange that stays orange, I found Orange Parfait to fit the bill for me with my mini roses. Another one might be the mini named Happy Thoughts from Nor East/Greenheart. :o)

Stan the Roseman

• hannah41
    16 years ago

i live in montana, would like to know if baby tropicana
    would live outside and survive ok. anything else that would work for me with min. roses would be helpful thank you. hannah41

• Jean Marion (z6a Idaho)
    16 years ago

Denvers Dream stays orange for a long time. The other orange mini I love is Dee Bennett.

• dstartz
    16 years ago

What about 'Happy Thoughts'?

Here is a link that might be useful: 'Happy Thoughts'

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    16 years ago

How does Carrot Top do? Maybe someone can comment. The ones I have seen at shows are quite orange.

• redsox_gw
    16 years ago

I love my orange parfait. It is the color of orange sherbert.

• kathy9norcal
    16 years ago

Pride 'n' Joy was a wonderful true orange mini that I had for years till I killed it. It was in a too wet spot. I would grab another in a minute if I could find it. Very nice carrot orange that stayed true. I now have Gizmo, which is a red-orange that holds well. Very different color than P and J.
    Kathy

• minirose
    16 years ago

Yes, I agree that Denver's Dream and Tropical Twist are a wonderful true orange and the Tropical Twist seems to be taller (at least two feet) than some of the others.

• jont1
    16 years ago

I too will suggest Denvers Dream. Mine have blooms that last a long time as well.
    JOhn

Sponsored