Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mariano83

3 Miniature Roses ID

nanito
14 years ago

This three "miniature" roses grow in an old and careless neighboring garden near my house (Buens Aires, Argentina).The first two form dense shrubs, as the third one is a real climber. I would love to know if you could give me some advice concerning their name.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Mariano
{{gwi:324514}}Red Miniature Rose ID
{{gwi:324515}}Pink Miniature Rose ID
{{gwi:324516}}White Climber Rose ID

Comments (7)

• wesley_butterflies
    14 years ago

http://www.pickeringnurseries.com/web_store.cgi?cod=04tfr
    this might be your pink mini

you might find more info in the ground cover tab take off the /info to get to there home page scroll down to groundcovers on the left side of page. The left side will also show you what most mean by type ( example: your climber is a climber and a HT, specificly it's a HT Climber much different from Ramblers which is also a climber) hopefully you can break it down a lil

http://www.roguevalleyroses.com/rvr_sublist.php?sort_id=date

this link will help you by date of intro..^^^^^^ as you mentioned 50 yrs go back ten and move forward yr by yr
    (save both links home pages)
    Theres a neat lil drop down tab on the left side of page that breaks it down to color, size, fragerance, types ect ect... you'll definatly get use to em by type here there are many

Note ALL of these are most popular sellers in USA and Canada from rare to old hard to finds lost names graveyards ect ect ect as you do live in South America you still might not find em on the links provided but keep em as a learning tool

If you can't find em here try looking into ( in order )France, Italy, Greece, I'd suggest England but they didnt do much in your country back then. We kind of kept em a lil busy here in the US (you don't wanna know why either) but good luck. Drop in if you need more help I'll keep looking as I got 60,000+ more to sort out Just keep them pics on you pic site untill we all surrender

• nanito
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Wes! THANKS for the links given. Indeed I could not find the roses i am trying to ID, but I will keep them as learning tools.
    I have finally identified Rose #3, which is ´Ãlberic Barbier´ and, as far as I remember, it is in one of the sites you suggested me!.

Kind regards and keep in touch! Mariano.

ps.: and needless to say I will keep on posting pictures until you all surrender!hahahaahah once more THANK YOU very much for your help, you are cool! :D

• nanito
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Rose #3: ´Ãlberic Barbier´ (Barbier, 1900).

Regards, Mariano (B. A, Argentina)

• wesley_butterflies
    14 years ago

Rose #3 not only has a name but it also narrowed down the years of introductions on the others. Now we can look in years back to years foward area of 1990. Intro ages will be in the areas of 1880 - 1920 Keep sporting in mind thou which may be a result of your unique growing area and/or the off care growing.
    We can safely surrender to rose #3 now if you need or want the space on your pic site. At very least see if someone else can comfirm that name for you befor you remove all the pics of #3

• growing2010
    14 years ago

Those are very beautiful minis. Sorry can't help on i.d. as I've been trying to identify one for years and no luck yet.
    If it were my neighbor I'd ask for cuttings and that way you could grow them and study them up close all you want.

• nanito
    Original Author
    14 years ago

THANKS for your message growing2010. In fact what you mentioned was what I have done a few days ago! :D

Keep in touch, Mariano

• lookin4you2xist
    14 years ago

Thanks for the links Wesley !

Sponsored
J.E.S. Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Full-Scale Construction Firm