Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Pink Above All' Miniature Climber

Posted by ohsusannah DFW, TX 8a (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 20, 06 at 22:44

I just made an impulse purchase of two of these and I'm really excited to get them. Before I plant them on my picket fence I would appreciate hearing of someone else's experience with this rose.

I am also wondering if I should wait until Spring before I plant them in the ground.

Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Pink Above All' Miniature Climber

sorry, I haven't any experience with this particular climber and not in your zone. But, what is your weather like at this time of year? Still nice? Any frosts coming up? you can aso check around and do some searches on past threads, wish I had an answer for you....more activity than usual on the mini forum maybe someone in your zone will help your out and answer. Good luck to you, I love climbing roses. Leslie

o

Leslie, thanks for the response. Our first frost is late this year and there isn't one in the forecast yet. We've had beautiful autumn days with highs in the 60's & 70's and lows in the upper 30's. I was just wishing our weather would stay a little warmer so I'm sure I would be envious of your weather and longer growing season.

I've already ordered two of these roses from Nor'East Miniature Roses, so it's too late to change my mind. It's a new rose and Nor'East was the only source I found for it. I have quite a few roses, but I'm not experienced with minis so thought someone might give me advice about planting etc. I'm mostly concerned about whether to go ahead and plant it in the ground with plenty of mulch or overwinter it in a pot. Susan

o

Susan, treat it like any other own-root rose that you would purchase this time of year. You should have no problem in your zone planting it in the ground now, but there is no harm in overwintering it in a pot. Your choice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here