Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mandi_s1

How big is miniature?

mandi_s1
17 years ago

I picked up a random grocery store mini a couple months back. Repotted it, went throught the nearly loosing the darn thing to figuring out it's watering, although it seems more that it has acclimated to the watering schedule rather than any major changes. (one day the leaves just stopped falling off)

I'm tickled pink that the thing hasn't died, but now it's getting TALL. It's doubled in height, and is about a foot tall. It's also producing leaves that are the same size as my full size climbing roses.

For at least the winter this guys gonna have to live indoors. We just got our second night with frost, so I'm going to have to obsess over my indoor plants for a few months before I decide what to do with the 'miniature' rose.

How big is this thing going to get? Should I find some sort of mini trellis for it? It's acting like the climbing rose.

It has a creamy white petal when it blooms, but since purchase it seemed to have needed to have a crisi and now that it's bounced back it's going leaves and shoots instead of flowers (which I don't particularly mind)

Pardon the length, any help would be much appreciated.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz