Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
parad0x

Unknown Mini Still Has Foliage and Buds?

parad0x
18 years ago

I bought this mini as a gift from 1800flowers.com a few years ago for my wife, and figured what the heck, I'll plant it out front and see what happens. Well, it's thriving in its new home...even sent out 2 basals this spring. It's sweetly scented, disease free, and even after a few freezes, is still sending out new growth and buds(as seen below).

In general, when a rose keeps its foliage longer into winter, does this mean it has a better chance of surviving until spring, and should make it through in better condition? Or does it mean it's just in better overall health than other roses? My Iceberg rose in the backyard kept most of its foliage well past my other roses (sunsprite, europeana, Cl. America.

I didn't winter protect it at all, and was prepared to SP it this year, but it came thru this spring in such a good condition it's now a highlight of my roses. Wish I could ID it. (The mini pictured below)

This photo was taken a few minutes ago...we've had cold weather...inches of snow...and look at how clean the foliage is....I'm amazed.

Todd In Philly

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?