Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
drasaid

Cinderella. Thornless. Tiny. Tough.

drasaid
19 years ago

I just got one of these from Tiny Petals earlier this year; it (as well as the Winter Magic and Grace Seward )lost all its leaves immiediatly to transplant shock. It has completely recovered (they have not) and is now filling its pot up with shiny greenery that promises blooms later.

The best thing is that it is thornless and has exceptional bush form with very close internodes. Most of the sites I have seen with this mini don't stress this point, so I thought I'd advertise it.

Perhaps the perfect rose for a child (a well-behaved one, that won't pull it up!) My Bull Terriers have not noticed it as a rose, fortunatly; they have eaten leaves off several armed minis I have.

Comments (11)

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    19 years ago

Years ago I had one. I can't remember what happened to it, but last year I felt like trying it again as I had no negative memories of it. It was from 'John's Minature Roses' so took it awhile to get established. This fall it really came into it's own. If you like Souvineir de Malmaison (an OGR) you will like this rose bloom in cool weather. It's like a micro mini version of SDM. Tiny ferny foliage, no thorns, good for small containers. What's not to like?

• Megsroses
    19 years ago

Just a story about Cinderella...
    I gave a talk on mini roses to a women's Christian group luncheon several years ago.
    After the luncheon one of the ladies, who was blind, was brought up to my table to 'see' the mini roses that I had brought along.
    As she reached towards the roses, her companion cautioned her against the thorns.
    It just happened that the rose that I was showing her was 'Cinderella' and there was no consideration for thorns.
    I always think of that when I'm working with this particular cultivar or suggesting a mini rose for a child's project.
    Meg

• krikit
    19 years ago

I am glad to see this post as I was wanting to get a mini for a pot on my porch, but others I have tried have not done well at all. I had seen this one and considered getting it, so am now thinking it is a definite to add this upcoming year. Will it need to be sprayed for blackspot in humid East TN area?

• angelcub
    19 years ago

This sounds like a really nice mini to have. I'll be looking for it. Help Me Find has a photo which shows a bit of blush/pink tones on the petals. Does anyone have one with this coloration? The all white is lovely, too.

Diana

• Megsroses
    19 years ago

For the most part, 'Cinderella' is white, but sometimes cooler weather will cause the pink blush that you saw in Decobug's photo. There are several other pictures at HMF and they all show this cultivar as white with no pink tones.
    In early spring and late fall, my 'Cinderella' will have the blush tones too.
    Meg

• angelcub
    19 years ago

Thanks, Meg. I like that bit of blush. Very girly : - )

Diana

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    19 years ago

About disease. I read that it is "disease free". I don't know if that's true or not as I spray, but when I missed it a couple of times last year, no blackspot developed (which can happen amazingly fast in our humid climate). The only problem was a slight infestation of spider mites (so what else is new), but because the bush is so small I simply flipped the small pot over and blasted the undersides of the leaves with the hose. A couple of times doing that and no more problems.

• Roseboy4
    19 years ago

Cinderella has performed beautifully for me. It is compact always in bloom and very disease resistant. If you are looking for a pink variety, Sweet Fairy is very comparable in size and habit with fragrance to go with it.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    19 years ago

Sweet Fairy is a micro mini like Cinderella? Have a source?

• Jean Marion (z6a Idaho)
    19 years ago

Cinderella is like a miniature version of Lullaby. Both of them are bright white in intense heat and sun, and then very pink in cool spring and autumn when they are freshly open. From afar they still look white however, not pink.

• idixierose
    18 years ago

I saw a Cinderella in a pot at a freind's house and fell in love with it too. I'm not keen on minis, but this one made an impression on me.

I found it at Bridges Roses. They sell good quality plants and their prices are reasonable. $6.95 apiece for most of their roses.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bridges Roses

Sponsored
Carl Williamson Designs, LLC
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Nationally Acclaimed Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz