Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
inside of bud's petals Browning?

Posted by minibot z9bNorCA Sz16 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 23, 05 at 16:42

Heya, I've had problems with certain single petals in the center of my Scentsational going brown, not all of them just a couple inside ones. It's potted in about a 10" pot, and has been that way for two months. Unfortunately I don't know if I used the Osmocote on it, because I potted them all up the same day, and I forgot with a couple, and didn't mark them.

I'm new to growing roses and wondered if there was a reason for it? I have sprayed them with greenlight's rose spray for pests. I can't tell what the problem might be. They've had enough water and they look healthy otherwise. The blossoms are also shattering really fast and not quite opening fully. Is it all of the rain?

thanks for your advice!

minibot

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: inside of bud's petals Browning?

• Posted by Maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Fri, Dec 23, 05 at 18:06

Are the petals totally brown? If so then it could be rain (or too much water). Thrips will turn inside petals tan as they feed, but it is unusual for thrips damage to be confined to just one or two petals inside the center, especially if the entire petal is brown.

o
RE: inside of bud's petals Browning?

It's like random petals on the inside and I'm trying to remember if it was the whole petal, but I think it was partial petals in a vertical kind of occurance. ie one whole side of the petal is brown, like it has rotted, but the rest is just kind of weak and blows easily. I'm guessing too much water...maybe I need to raise the pots so the water drains better?

minibot

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here