Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The rescue rose

Posted by mandi_s1 8 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 13, 07 at 20:53

Haloo there,

A friend of mine just sent me a mini that is for the most part over watered and under sunned to death.

We're having weather into the low 40's right now so I don't want to toss it outside. Last winter I was able to baby along a mini in my office window and get it in the ground in spring.

I'd like to try to do this with this one but it has dropped all but three of its leaves. As it's drying out (she sent it to me soaked) it is starting to show what might be the starts of new growth, but it's hard to be sure.

Have you ever brought one back from being just sticks?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The rescue rose

Hi Mandi, yes I did, but I put it in a pot outside. I cut off of the obvious dead part of the canes and I gave it several shots of Vitamin B1 over the course of several days. But, I'm talking summer and it soaked up water and you're talking winter. Still B1 is good for shock, the next time you water you might put a little in the water. Have something that would act like a grow light? Place it where you can give it as much sun as you can. I don't have much help for you, still never have grown successfully for any length of time inside. Good luck to you and maybe someone else has some better advice.
Leslie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here