Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help id: white floribunda

Posted by penguu 9 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 10, 07 at 1:51

it's a white floribunda shrub with deep green waxy leaves (ignore the two tall stems...please...):
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and white almost-gardenia-like flowers with a pink peach glow:

the outside ring of petals have spreads of light pink color(like R. chinensis...but paler):

thanks for the help, folks~

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help id: white floribunda

nevermind~ I found out it's probably iceberg.

o

I didn't even need to see the bloom. That photo of the foliage told me immediately that you have 'Iceberg'. : )

o

hanford_rose:

Thank you. It is good to have confirmation. ^_^

UPDATE:
The ones in water are growing new leaves~~~ The bottom is swelling, too. Perhaps there's hope for some roots *prays*

o

I just moved into a new OLD house with no roses. That is strange for me, since I used to have gardens of 250 to 600 rose bushes and even owned a rose nursery at one time.

Guess what rose I bought first. That's right. 'Iceberg'! Then, I bought a tree rose of 'Iceberg'. Why? Because this is a great garden rose that makes tons of blooms for a showy display in the yard. It isn't that good for cut bouquets, but it is wonderful in the yard.

I will be buying more plants, mostly minis. Of course, I am prejudice about them. : )

By the way, are you trying to root that 'Iceberg' stem in water? Don't do that.

You can buy a healthy, grafted, well-established plant for less than $10 at almost any nursery and even the local Home Depot or Walmart. It is so popular that everybody sells it.

Don't spend the next 2 years trying to get a cutting to develop into a plant. Just buy one that is already well-rooted and will be growing and blooming up a storm in just a couple of months. It ain't worth it to propagate with good rose bushes selling so cheap.

Support the rose businesses and hybridizers. Buy your rose bushes, and encourage these folks to make new varieties. Help keep nurseries open. We have lost too many good nurseries already.

o

I DO buy roses, I do, honest! (For example, I bought this unlabeled miniature today and I'm trying to ID it on this forum...perhaps you'd lend your expertise...? http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/rosesname/msg022139002442.html )

It's just that I don't have the space for those bareroot roses they sell garden centers, and by doing cuttings, my plant will remain small and cute for a few years, until I move into a bigger space... Moreover, I'm a newbie to roses. When I got the cuttings, I didn't even know what this rose was, not to mention it was a popular rose! I saw it performed fabulously in my climate, with an abundance of fragrant white flowers and nary a spot of disease or pestilence... <- and thus, I got suckered into the rosing world...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here