Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mystery home depot rose

Posted by lilgreenfrog 5a CO (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 17, 08 at 3:22

Hello; I'll stick a picture up when my camera is working, but I'd like to ID a little rose I just bought at Home Depot. Its labeled "Palace rose", but has a generic photo, and the mini named Palace is not it. It seems to be a large-ish mini? Its blooms are maybe 2 inches wide, VERY densely petaled (maybe like a cabbage rose?) and cup shaped. The outer layer of petals is a fairly bright green, and all other petals are a light peach/pink.
Does this sound like anything anyone recognizes? I've been playing on Help Me Find, but don't know how to search with so little information.

Thanks,
Lara

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mystery home depot rose

At the Helpmefind.com site, in search, see the buttons next to the box where you enter the name? Click the "contains" button, then put "Palace" in the box. You'll get a lot of responses...

Now, Palace is a series of roses from Poulsen Roser. could be any of the plants in that series, the only way to know for sure is to compare the bloom color and form.

If the link below doesn't work, go to Poulsen Roser, click on "Products" at the top of the page, then "Roses" on the left side, then "Palace" on the left side.

Here is a link that might be useful: Palace Roses

o
RE: Mystery home depot rose

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 30, 08 at 10:20

Did you happen to keep the little plastic pot it came in? Often the Poulsen roses will have the name actually stamped on the side of the pot. It's usually very faint, and hard to notice unless you know it's there. I just got ALTO PARADE at OSH, and it was printed on the pot. HD, Lowe's, OSH and any of the big box stores usually get the ones that are printed. We have a Grocery Outlet here that has all sorts of odd things, and they often get in the Poulsen minis, Parades, Palace, Patio Hits, but they're apparently the ones they can't ID... mismarked ones, etc. Because they never have the names on the pots. But I find that when you see them at the bigger stores, they do have the named ones.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here