Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID for rose that is like Dr Huey but flowers every year

Posted by SweetStar none (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 29, 14 at 9:05

Hello, I would like some help IDing this rose, I received it as a gift from my granny 7 years ago and although I thought it was a Dr Huey it's flowered every year consistently. I'm a bit worried now cos it's stems are really long so I don't know if it's a climber and how I should deal with it.... All help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID for rose that is like Dr Huey but flowers every year

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 2, 14 at 14:46

Just a guess but it looks a lot like my Blaze climber. You say it blooms every year but does it bloom more than once during the season or just one big flush in the spring and that's it for the year?

o

It blooms more than once definitely - last year it bloomed during winter (which is normal for roses in the subtropical climate I've moved to apparently) and again in November/ Spring time. I never really checked whether it was blooming twice in those times... New blooms did appear - is that not part of the 'big flush'?? Sorry, I'm really new to this whole caring for rose business 🙈 ? Thanks for the reply! (And sorry for replying soo late).

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 8, 14 at 15:44

In a tropical climate even once bloomers may bloom twice a year I think. Blaze is usually a once bloomer, in the spring, in my climate but it has on occasion given me an odd bloom here and there toward the end of the season. There is also one called Improved Blaze which I believe does repeat bloom through the season.

You need to have a look at this site. It's called Help Me Find Roses and it's a wonderful resource for researching roses.

Here is a link that might be useful: HMF

o

It could easily be Blaze as well as Blaze's parent, Paul's Scarlet. Kim

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here