Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
is this elle?

Posted by angel-face none (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 30, 14 at 10:23

please identify this rose. Plant has shape of hybrid tea. plenty of thorns. Leaves are mostly 7-leaved, with reddish edge and saw edged. Flower is absolutely sweet smelling.
My thoughts: ?bellaroma, ?elle, ?peace ??????any other which I dont know of...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: is this elle?

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 2, 14 at 14:43

It could be Elle. Elle is very changeable and can show many different color variations. Bellaroma is also a possibility from the pics at HMF. I don't think it's Peace at all. Way too much pink and not enough yellow in it. Is this your rose or did you get it somewhere else? If it's yours you need to let it bloom again and post more pictures.

o

yes seil, this is mine. This was its 1st and only flower with me as yet. will have to wait for next bloom.....

by the way, how does one differentiate between elle and bellaroma?

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 8, 14 at 15:38

Elle has MANY faces. She can be completely pink or very peach, with lots of shades in between, and sometimes she's a deep rich color or very pale but I've NEVER seen her get the red edges that Bellaroma can often have. Actually, in my opinion, Bellaroma resembles a more muted Double Delight than it does Elle.

These are all photos of Elle.
Elle photo el2013_06030079_zpsf2f51c19.jpg

Elle photo el2013_07070034_zpsec00d16b.jpg

Elle photo el2013_08190029_zps5da84482.jpg

Elle photo el2013_05300075_zpsf0b5c95b.jpg

o

this one has some crooked leaves, a few fused leaflets... Not bloomed ever since.... I'm fed up... I've been waiting for it to bloom

o

One bloom per year? Name it "shovel prune."

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here