Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mariano83

Red HT Rose ID

nanito
14 years ago

This rose was grown by my grandfather between 1965 and 1970 in Necochea (Buenos Aires, Argentina). After this period, he kept just a small plant grown from its own roots which still flowers every year. A friend of him, owner of a very well known nursery, wanted to buy my grandfather´s rose as he said it was one of his favourite and a very difficult rose to get. I know that it could be a really difficult task at all, taking into account that there are so many red roses, but I have had great results posting my unknown roses here. I wish I could have the same luck in this occasion!

IDENTIFICATION CARD

PLANT

Type: HT, (I think).

Size: Up to 78´ (2 mt) tall and 39´ (1 mt) wide.

Stems: Strong, rigid.

Habit: Tall and dense bush, very thorny (although the pictures of the plant show just a plant rised from its own roots, no more than 39´ (1 mt) tall).

FOLIAGE

Color: Dark green, leathery (not glossy). Some young sprouts have a characteristic light green color.

Size: 2.73´ (7 cm) x 1.95´ (5 cm).

FLOWERS

Features of the bud: Small buds: 0.98´ (2.5 cm)

Diameter: 3.51" x 3.51" (9 cm x 9 cm).

Flower: Not very big.

¿How does it bloom?: Solitary and in clusters of up to 3-4 flowers.

¿How many times does it flower?: Taking into account that the rose grows in our holidays house, I just can tell that it produces a lot of flowers during the summer period. Of course it might flower in spring, as well.

Number of petals: 25 petals.

Stamen Yes/ No: Yes, yellow.

Color: Deep velvety red while opening, bright red with some fuchsia tones then.

Lenght of the flower: High.

Fragance: None to mild fragance.

Resistance: It seems to be a very vigorous and healthy cultivar.

THANKS for your time! Mariano.

PS.: for more pictures, click on the image below to go to mi Picasa Web Album.
{{gwi:215945}}Red Rose ID

Sponsored
Maruca Design / Build
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Exceptional Residential Design and Remodeling Services in Fairfax