Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help to ID Striped Rose

Posted by Alex43 none (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 17, 14 at 15:06

I have what I believe is a very unusual striped rose bush in my yard that was planted about 18 months ago. It was bought a discount house (Home Depot) but was apparently mislabeled, as the label said it was a cream colored rose with red edges on the petals. The bush is now 4 feet high and has six to ten blossoms or buds at any one time. The blossoms vary between 3 and 4 inches in diameter. The blossoms are quite complex, having over 100 petals and a medium aroma I have done an online search and not found pictures of any similar rose. The coloring pattern is darker, deeper red and whiter white than a Ferdinand Pichard and there are far more petals. It is also similar to a Scentimental but has far more petals and somewhat different and more compact shape. A picture of a blossom is attached.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help to ID Striped Rose

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Jan 17, 14 at 15:50

I've posted these questions on your other post in the gallery too.

Alex, can you give us more pictures of the plant? Leaves, thorns and plant structure can be helpful in IDing what type of rose it is which then might lead to a name. Does it bloom once a season or all season long? Are the blooms single on a cane or in clusters? I know you got it at HD but was it in a plastic bag or a pot? What was the name on the label? Did it list a grower? The more info you can give us the more likely we can ID it.

o

I went outside this afternoon and took more pictures of the striped rose. Which are attached. I measured the bush and it is almost exactly five feet high at present. It does have fairly prominent thorns and the blossoms are on individual stalks. So far it has bloomed year around. Our present temperature here in Mesa, Arizona is 75 degrees. I really have nothing more to add to the information as to what was on the original tag as it unfortunately got lost.

o

Picture of the entire bush which is 5 feet tall

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Jan 24, 14 at 16:49

I'm pretty sure we've correctly IDed this rose as Scentimental.

o

There was one hybridized and grown by Weeks Roses called 'Candy Cane.' They might have the picture on their wwebsite.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here