Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I've been assuming this one is Peace, but...IDK. Help?

Posted by DrPekeMom none (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 2, 14 at 19:45

This old gall came with the house I bought, and she's a beauty. If I let her, she'll get as tall as me (about 6 ft), very vigorous, and stands up to everything but the bloody thrips.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I've been assuming this one is Peace, but...IDK. Help?

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 5, 14 at 12:11

It doesn't look like it has enough yellow in it to be Peace to me. Can you give us more photos and info on it?

o

There's no yellow in the center, you're right.

o

Here's another picture of the rose so you can see its form.

o

could be Pristine, there are similar photos on Helpmefind.com, but mine never gets that dark pink on the edges.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pristine photos as helpmefind.com

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 8, 14 at 18:28

Pristine is a possible. Do you know how old the rose is/ Where did you get it? There are many white blend roses that it could be and knowing more about it helps narrow it down.

o

This rose came with my house, which is about 96 years old this year. I think the woman who planted the roses in the yard planted them at the same time, and I can see she's got Mr. Lincoln in there, along with a very pretty yellow hybrid tea and some white icebergs. So I am thinking that this rose is probably in the same vintage.

As a plant, she's very vigorous and disease hardy, and she has little scent. She'd be 8 foot tall if I let her.

o

Oh, she's not OVERLY thorny. She's got thorn, and where she has them they are BIG HOOKED thorns, but those are few and far between.

o

The picture in the vase looks like Peace. Peace was smuggled out of France and shipped to the Conard-Pyle Company in West Grove, PA during WWII. 'Peace' is the parent of many favorite modern roses. 'Peace' has a glossy foliage that is somewhat resistant to diseases. The children of 'Peace' have this glossy foliage. The ones I can remember right now include 'Princess of Monaco' and of course 'Chicago peace,' which is more pink. I researched the children of 'Peace' in the 90's and wrote an article, which I no longer have.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here